Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. Changed the oil today on my 2.0T , and if anyone hasn't tackled this yet, you will enjoy trying to remove the two plastic clips that are used in addition to the four bolts that hold the bottom engine cover that give access to drain bolt and oil filter...

Man oh man.. I am disappointed that Hyundai couldn't have used an even more stubborn part to hold the cover on...

If anyone has any other clips or part that would be more convenient , I am open for ideas..

Thanks all...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well.. Changed the oil today on my 2.0T , and if anyone hasn't tackled this yet, you will enjoy trying to remove the two plastic clips that are used in addition to the four bolts that hold the bottom engine cover that give access to drain bolt and oil filter...

Man oh man.. I am disappointed that Hyundai couldn't have used an even more stubborn part to hold the cover on...

If anyone has any other clips or part that would be more convenient , I am open for ideas..

Thanks all...

Try Home Depot - take one of the Bolts with you.
Maybe you could rig some kind of quick-release setup,
Or,
Those things that look like a ladies Hair Clip, but thicker, that slide through a hole, and you just pull the clip out with pliers.

- Not sure if I’m describing it well enough. Can anyone expand on this, or get what I’m saying??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't find it a big deal.... you can buy these clips from eBay, Amazon, or your favorite parts store.
All Mfg. are using something similar.
The new Honda CRV uses 3 hard to remove screws, 4 or five Honda special twist screws (very easy to lose)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Take a bolt with you to your nearest auto parts store (don't pass go) and show them what you need. I'm sure the manufacturer has a reason for adding these, I'll let them design them, I just drive them and change oil. Bet somthin to do with wind drag. My '02 Santa Fe has no "door" to get at the oil dainbolt, the '18 has a "door" for both the oil drain access and the oil filter but both are taken in/out with onlu finger pressure, no screws as you speak of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts