Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install an oil catch can on a 2020 with turbo? I am looking for a good mounting point but I don’t see a good way to mount one with all the plastic on the front of the engine bay. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am working on this too...

I have a can and I have started to make a bracket which will attach to a screw on the top plastic shield near the radiator.

I haven't installed it yet but you're right... there are no good spots to put it. I thought about the bolt that holds the turbo's mount on and going up from there but I will try this top down approach. I would prefer to do something superficial than go in and unbolt more important parts since I don't have the specs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Get a green light to install it, from your area Kia Service Department manager first. Get his / her full name for future reference, if needed.
Some Kia owners move to another location before the warranty expires and encounter opposite-sides feedback, on the same issue that the prior service manager OK'd to install.

Don;t install anything that might jeopardize your warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeahhhh I am just intending on plugging it in. If I need to take it to the dealer I will just uninstall it.

It is so superficial and that's the beauty of it. As I understand it the dealers hardly follow up on their warranty which explains why it is so long... I am used to working on cars myself or going to a mechanic so I know I am bias but I have not heard much good news about dealers and their repairs. It has been 80 days since I got my car and they STILL haven't given me my second set of keys. I am sure there are good dealers, but the ones near me suck so it's best I look out for me since they wont and that includes maintaining my car.

Thank you for the info though I did not know some dealers would allow it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeahhhh I am just intending on plugging it in. If I need to take it to the dealer I will just uninstall it.

It is so superficial and that's the beauty of it. As I understand it the dealers hardly follow up on their warranty which explains why it is so long... I am used to working on cars myself or going to a mechanic so I know I am bias but I have not heard much good news about dealers and their repairs. It has been 80 days since I got my car and they STILL haven't given me my second set of keys. I am sure there are good dealers, but the ones near me suck so it's best I look out for me since they wont and that includes maintaining my car.

Thank you for the info though I did not know some dealers would allow it
Thanks for this post kyle chai!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for this post kyle chai!
Hey there! sorry for this being months later but I figured out a spot!.

Here is a video

tadaaaa.also screw the dealerships they usually don't care because that requires effort. You are the only person that actually cares about your car- not them. Not their car, not their problem. Plus an oil catch can will keep your engine going longer, if you like your car why not do something that will make it last longer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts