Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the car yesterday. Dealer got everything setup...(?) Blue tooth connects to my iPhone 6 no problem.

Everything works except I can't initiate a cell phone call from the button on the steering wheel. Get an error msg saying have to use an Apple Carplay compatible device connected to the car with a usb cable.

Software in the car and the phone are both up to date.

The owners manual has zip about phone controls

Don't make sense to have to usb connect to a blue tooth device....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Picked up the car yesterday. Dealer got everything setup...(?) Blue tooth connects to my iPhone 6 no problem.

Everything works except I can't initiate a cell phone call from the button on the steering wheel. Get an error msg saying have to use an Apple Carplay compatible device connected to the car with a usb cable.

Software in the car and the phone are both up to date.

The owners manual has zip about phone controls

Don't make sense to have to usb connect to a blue tooth device....
Are your contacts loaded into the SF head unit? I've never tried to call someone that is not a normal contact but there appears to be two ways the call is made:
- From the contacts, which is used when you have a bluetooth phone connected
- From the phone contacts used when you have a phone plugged in eg via Android Auto or Apple Carplay. I have Android and depending on whether my phone or my wife's is used for this connection the contacts list is different. I haven't used Android Auto more than 10 times (so I'm not 100% sure of this point) but the calling seems to work different and there is an audio texting and quick reply as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts