Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
121 - 140 of 181 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
I've never seen a Mitsubishi dealer anywhere. They must be somewhere, but probably more 'rare' than even Ferrari. Ha ha. No way I'd own one of those.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Could hell be freezing over? December 6 I stopped in at the Hyundai dealership I preordered from. Sales manager said he hadn’t even seen a 2023 Santa Fe yet. Next thing there’s at least 3 ice models being advertised. Could this mean that HEV and PHEV versions have a chance of appearing?

I dare not dream.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Not all dealerships are the same:

Review of 2023 santa fe from Canadian dealership
That’s a dealership in Chilliwack, BC that got a review unit in. The video is from Sept 2022 and, most likely, it was loaned to this dealership and other reviewers to generate hype and content. I checked the dealership and, allegedly, they have what appears to be a demo unit for sale and a new unit. Both are ICE.

· Registered
1 Posts
I got confirmation from my dealership today (in Winnipeg, MB) that they have been allocated 20 2023 Santa Fe PHEV's. Gas models are expected to start to land mid-to-late January. No timeline on the PHEV's only that they expect to get them "sometime in 2023". As the PHEV's arrive, they will be offered to people based on their place in line for the pre-orders. No guarantee that they will come as ordered. You can either accept what came in or wait until one like you ordered comes in (no guarantee that it will). PHEV's for 2023 are only available on the Luxury trim and in MB are priced in the ~$50K ballpark.

· Registered
2 Posts
What is everyone's opinion on the size increase for MY24? It's being compared to the Pallisade size-wise. I for one am disappointed, if I wanted a vehicle the size of the Pallisade, I would have put a deposit down for that model instead. I feel the SF's current size is perfect for a two-family household that enjoys going away on weekends - it's spacious without being excessive. I haven't been able to find a comparable vehicle in size, at least one with a comparable price tag either. Any suggestions, please let me know. I placed a deposit on a PHEV in March, FWIW. I've received zero communication from my dealership since. Vancouver, BC

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
What is everyone's opinion on the size increase for MY24? It's being compared to the Pallisade size-wise. I for one am disappointed, if I wanted a vehicle the size of the Pallisade, I would have put a deposit down for that model instead. I feel the SF's current size is perfect for a two-family household that enjoys going away on weekends - it's spacious without being excessive. I haven't been able to find a comparable vehicle in size, at least one with a comparable price tag either. Any suggestions, please let me know. I placed a deposit on a PHEV in March, FWIW. I've received zero communication from my dealership since. Vancouver, BC
Never expect a dealership to communicate these days. You have to be the one to walk in and ask questions. I have a deposit at one dealership for a KIA Sportage HEV. It's been like pulling teeth. 2 or 3 follow up emails to get an answer to a simple question. For example I asked "what is my queue number on the wait list at your dealership". The response I got was "I am not sure if there’s a way to tell but I’ll find out tomorrow and if there is I’ll let you know your spot on the waitlist."

Really?

I responded "then how do you know who to give which car to first?"

I have a deposit at another dealership for a Santa Fe PHEV and I've had to visit 4 times in person since January 2022 to get information. Plus I have a long string of text messages over same period of time.

With either dealership if I hadn't initiated communication it would have been crickets all this time. So get in there and ask for your queue number at that dealership and see if small talk will get you any new info. Dealers may know nothing more than we know or aren't telling us anything.

As far as the 2024 Santa Fe. I think it is going to be what would have happened if the Land Rover Defender and the Mitsubishi Outlander had a baby; a SantaLander if you will...or an OutSantaRover. The 2024 Santa Fe will probably have a 3rd row meant for tiny humans. Definitely not full sized humans. Initially I wasn't a fan of the boxy styling but the full wraps aren't off yet. I have to open my mind to design that initially makes me uncomfortable or I'll forever be caught in the 5 years out of date cycle. So let's say the jury is still out on the 2024 styling.

No I don't want a bigger vehicle if the 2024 is truly larger. No one knows the exact specs yet. the current Santa Fe was my choice (initially loved it) for things like road trips and cabin comfort and style. I'm going to be afraid to take it to a Costco parking lot though when and IF I get it. If it gets bigger then it'll probably drop off my list.

The 2024 Santa Fe is most likely aimed at families who want "affordable" luxury. The "hey I can't afford a Range Rover but I want to look like I'm in one". That being said I expect the Canadian Price to come in 1 or 2 thousand more than current pricing for entry level but quickly get more $$$$ from there. If the Ultimate Calligraphy sits at just over $51,000 before dealer prep, doc and taxes then I would expect the "calligraphy" version of the 2024 Santa Fe to sit at $52,500 to $53,500. But hey I'm throwing darts blindfolded with that.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have been following this thread before becoming a member. I put in a deposit for a 2023 Santa Fe PHEV last July and have been emailing my sales guy once or twice a month looking for updates. Other than eventually getting the sales package for training, that is all I know of this car at this point. Hyundai eventually published pricing on the website, but then it has been dead air ever since from both Hyundai and the dealer. I keep in touch with my sales guy a couple times a month just to see if there has been any updates ( I have been dealing with the same sales guy since 2009 so we are on pretty good terms I think) but sadly, nothing. I even went as far as calling Hyundai Canada to confirm if a) a 2023 will be released or will they skip right to 2024. They confirmed that 2023 will be released but they are still having supply issues - this might explain why NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW what the heck is going on...maybe at least.

I did notice that there are a couple of surprise refreshes in the Hyundai lineup, but after seeing the sales training material, I don't expect anything different for the Santa Fe in terms of updated exterior styling. Honestly though... I think I much prefer the current style and not the upcoming boxy style.

Anyway, I really really hope this comes through. At least to get some info on when they plan to start producing the car. My other option I was looking at was NOT PHEV but a gas Nissan Rogue with the 3 Cyl turbo. It really was a close comparison between the two cars, but having been loyal to Hyundai since 2009, I really want to continue with them.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
I did notice that there are a couple of surprise refreshes in the Hyundai lineup, but after seeing the sales training material, I don't expect anything different for the Santa Fe in terms of updated exterior styling. Honestly though... I think I much prefer the current style and not the upcoming boxy style.
The difference between MY2022 and MY2023 is the larger infotainment screen and the loss of wireless Android Auto and CarPlay. Other than that it’s the same vehicle.

Some have reported that a dealership in Manitoba has received its allocation numbers for 2023 Tuscon PHEV vehicles; 20 for 2023 with no idea when they will arrive. They will offer vehicles when received to the preorder list in order. Buyers will not get a choice of color.

I imagine this will be a similar process for Santa Fe PHEV allocation.

Ask you sales person what is your queue number and make your decision from that. I’m #4 at my dealership and I placed my preorder mid January of 2022.

· Registered
6 Posts
Ask you sales person what is your queue number and make your decision from that. I’m #4 at my dealership and I placed my preorder mid January of 2022.
I did... and his response was " Do not worry about your placement in line brother.
I'm keeping you guys top of mind for when I see anything in a PHEV Santa Fe coming down the pipe."

No sure if I should now be worried or what....

· Registered
6 Posts
Some have reported that a dealership in Manitoba has received its allocation numbers for 2023 Tuscon PHEV vehicles; 20 for 2023 with no idea when they will arrive. They will offer vehicles when received to the preorder list in order. Buyers will not get a choice of color.
You know that is not fair at all... If I am putting down over $50K on a vehicle... I am going to WANT to pick my colour... not just be given any colour they desire to give.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
I did... and his response was " Do not worry about your placement in line brother.
I'm keeping you guys top of mind for when I see anything in a PHEV Santa Fe coming down the pipe."

No sure if I should now be worried or what....
Oh I love the smell of salesman talking in the morning. Smells like….lies.

I also preordered a Sportage SX HEV back in August as an alternative. It took me 3 months of asking to find out my queue number. I was reluctantly told #68. They have seen, maybe, 2 at the dealership in the last year. Sigh.

· Registered
2 Posts
I preordered 2023 Santa Fe PHEV from Attrel Hyundai in Brampton back on May 6 and it's been crickets since then. First the sales rep left shortly after, the new sales rep transfered me to the General Manager and everytime I reach out, he tells me that it's been submitted and doesn't know what else to tell me. He's even offered to refund my deposit if I want to take my business elsewhere.

I'm going to try some of the tips I've read here but I'm getting to the point where I might just have to get a ICE vehicle as my current 12 year old is approaching 300,000 km and not sure it can hold out for 12-18 months (that I'm seeing referenced here).

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
and everytime I reach out, he tells me that it's been submitted and doesn't know what else to tell me. He's even offered to refund my deposit if I want to take my business elsewhere.
The order has not been submitted. The Hyundai portal for ordering PHEV vehicles is not open yet. The only thing that has been accepted is your preorder at the dealership. Remember Hyundai $500 deposits are fully refundable regardless of dealership.

· Registered
6 Posts
Oh I love the smell of salesman talking in the morning. Smells like….lies.

I also preordered a Sportage SX HEV back in August as an alternative. It took me 3 months of asking to find out my queue number. I was reluctantly told #68. They have seen, maybe, 2 at the dealership in the last year. Sigh.
My wife and I are not in a hurry as our current 2015 Fe is low mileage (especially now since it had an engine replacement last summer)... but I long for something with AWD (mine is FWD) and well... I might not be in a super hurry... the long wait times and little to no information from Hyundai is very disconcerting. Seems like the demand is HIGH on these vehicles now (hybrid and PHEV's). I am not prepared to go all in on electric... as I think the charging setup would not be possible for me. At least with a PHEV I could charge overnight on standard 110amp...

121 - 140 of 181 Posts