Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I’ve noticed dealership ads on FB marketplace have updated PHEV listings for 2023 models from “preorder” to “order”. Maybe I’m reading too much into this but could it mean the portal is open?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
The latest information is Hyundai has not opened the order portal for HEV, PHEV or EV vehicles. It is confirmed that every dealership will be given a set number based on their volume. This is not an allocation but a set number of accepted orders. I interpret that to mean if the dealership qualifies for 10 vehicles based on their volume then the first 10 in the queue get their orders accepted. There is no information on when this might occur and the spacing of those orders.

however….

Hyundai is still tight lipped (neither confirm nor deny) if 2023 HEV or PHEV models will even be built for Canada.

So the only thing for certain is that, if HEV / PHEV production occurs for 2023 then not everyone who preordered will get a vehicle.

The crappy thing is dealerships are advertising to place an order even though they probably have more than enough preorders placed months ago to fulfill their 2023 quota.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update from my order (placed pre-order 13-Dec-2021 for luxury phev).

I was number 13 on the list in July/august. Today got an update from the dealership after i annoyed them with emails. The car is finally built!! A little sad that im getting a 2022 model so late in the year but in this market i cant complain i guess... will still do because I've earned the right after waiting so long.

VIN: KM8S7DA29NU060009
Production Date: 09/21/2022
Shipping Date: 09/24/2022
Arrival Date: 11/12/2022

I checked on https://hiepcs.com/hyundai but its not catching the VIN. Hopefully its the color i ordered (Lagoon Blue with Black interior). Dealership cant confirm that info now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
You have to feel good that your car is actually real now and on its way. The only noticeable difference between MY22 and MY23 is the larger infotainment screen. It’s the exact same vehicle otherwise. It’s not like the MY23 comes with gold plated wheels standard. You will now be a proud owner of a unicorn.

ps: the Hyundai VIN tracking on works with US models I believe. Canada doesn’t release that import tracking information publicly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You have to feel good that your car is actually real now and on its way. The only noticeable difference between MY22 and MY23 is the larger infotainment screen. It’s the exact same vehicle otherwise. It’s not like the MY23 comes with gold plated wheels standard. You will now be a proud owner of a unicorn.
You are right, i need to be more grateful, i will take good care of it.

Before i get too happy, i have some anxiety about my deal at the dealership. When i signed i was trading in my Cx-5 and got half the rebate 2500 from izev. Now im keeping the CX-5 and hoping for a higher rebate 5000, but i know the dealership will twist my arm about it. I have mentioned along the way that my trade in is not available anymore they just acknowledge the message instead of discussing it. Will take my wife as a cameraman when the car arrives at dealership.

I think the wait will earn me to keep the MSRP deal and maybe just the lost of the tradein benefit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Contact your salesperson before the car arrives and ask them not to put in a dealership sticker If you don’t want a dealership sticker affixed to your car. They aren’t paying you to advertise them. If they just put on branded license plate holders….don’t make a stink as you can change those out later.

Check to make sure they updated the vehicle to the latest software version. Check here for more information especially the “eligible vehicles” link for your software build number. it’s in the settings of the infotainment system.

Take along a bright flashlight (even in daylight) to inspect everywhere looking for scuffs, rips or markson the interior carpets and mouldings and trim. Open every door and check door edges for marks. Look long-ways down the body panels as dings or dents are easier to spot if they exist rather than looking flat on. Example. If you look at a wall flat on it looks pretty good but if you put your cheek against the wall and look along its length then you see all the defects.

check that the obvious works; power seats driver and passenger, lift gate works, headlights, tail lights, turn signals, power mirrors.

I never look under the hood. I’m not a mechanic so all I could verify is that there indeed is an engine.

This is your brand new baby and it should be handed over in pristine working condition with very, very low kms on it.

Personally I like to put front and rear mats in from day 1. Tuxmat.ca or weathertech. I also go to home desperate (depot) and get a section of the outdoor hallway mat to put in the rear cargo area. I did try the molded cargo trays once but everything just slides around on those.

this is the carpet. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/multy-home-concord-grey-45-ft-x-4-ft-2-inch-runner/1000122918

Enjoy the new unicorn. I ordered in January and lord knows when I will get one. Dealerships aren’t even guessing at this time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Contact your salesperson before the car arrives and ask them not to put in a dealership sticker If you don’t want a dealership sticker affixed to your car. They aren’t paying you to advertise them. If they just put on branded license plate holders….don’t make a stink as you can change those out later.

Check to make sure they updated the vehicle to the latest software version. Check here for more information especially the “eligible vehicles” link for your software build number. it’s in the settings of the infotainment system.

Take along a bright flashlight (even in daylight) to inspect everywhere looking for scuffs, rips or markson the interior carpets and mouldings and trim. Open every door and check door edges for marks. Look long-ways down the body panels as dings or dents are easier to spot if they exist rather than looking flat on. Example. If you look at a wall flat on it looks pretty good but if you put your cheek against the wall and look along its length then you see all the defects.

check that the obvious works; power seats driver and passenger, lift gate works, headlights, tail lights, turn signals, power mirrors.

I never look under the hood. I’m not a mechanic so all I could verify is that there indeed is an engine.

This is your brand new baby and it should be handed over in pristine working condition with very, very low kms on it.

Personally I like to put front and rear mats in from day 1. Tuxmat.ca or weathertech. I also go to home desperate (depot) and get a section of the outdoor hallway mat to put in the rear cargo area. I did try the molded cargo trays once but everything just slides around on those.

this is the carpet. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/multy-home-concord-grey-45-ft-x-4-ft-2-inch-runner/1000122918

Enjoy the new unicorn. I ordered in January and lord knows when I will get one. Dealerships aren’t even guessing at this time.
Thankyou Mediaman, i will use this checklist.

There might be hope for you, last month the dealership showed me expected manufacturing to be in December 2022. Today's update was a total surprise, you might get yours soon!

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got my monthly update. Hyundai confirmed that I will be getting a 2023 Santa Fe, 1.6T Hybrid rechargeable Luxury AWD and is scheduled to be built in November 2022.

I'm now worried that the dealer will not honour my bill of sale for the 2022 MY. Higher price, higher interest rate and less trade in value, perfect storm.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Got my monthly update. Hyundai confirmed that I will be getting a 2023 Santa Fe, 1.6T Hybrid rechargeable Luxury AWD and is scheduled to be built in November 2022.

I'm now worried that the dealer will not honour my bill of sale for the 2022 MY. Higher price, higher interest rate and less trade in value, perfect storm.
I’m afraid to say that price and interest rate is determined upon possession. Contracts that are 91+ days can be canceled by either party. If it is a good dealer then they may try to do something for you but I am sorry to say that it will most likely be the new price and interest rate. I hope I am wrong.

Remember….you ordered January 4, 2022 and you will get a 2023 model for Christmas. I ordered 13 days after you and I probably won’t see mine until June, 2023.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I really doubt any dealer would adjust the price of a 2023 to match a 2022 price. They could, but they could sell it to somebody else at MSRP (or even higher), so it's very unlikely. And same thing with the interest rate (shop elsewhere too), and trade-in. Also check Carvana, Vroom, GiveMeTheVIN, etc. for your trade, substract the sales tax differential, and if your dealer is any lower, I'd sell it separately. In other words, if Carvana gives you 20 grand, and your tax rate is 6%, if dealer gives you $18,800, you'd pay exactly the same. Out of principle alone, I wouldn't give them any extra money, since they're already screwing us with the new vehicle, and making more than Carvana, etc on the trade, but that's just me. I sold my last 4 vehicles to Vroom and GiveMeTheVIN, and dealers were from 5 grand below on a 2016 Optima SX-L, to about 15K on the 2019 Bullitt, 2021 Palisade Calligraphy, and 2021 Tesla M3 LR. It's downright insulting, but glad we have an option now. Good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Thankyou Mediaman, i will use this checklist.

There might be hope for you, last month the dealership showed me expected manufacturing to be in December 2022. Today's update was a total surprise, you might get yours soon!

Much appreciated.
oh….one of the important things I forgot to mention….before you sign on the dotted line take the vehicle for a test drive. Listen for any sounds that should not be there, clunks, grinds, shimmeys, etc and ensure the car “feels” normal. When you get back and all seems well….sign on the dotted line and hand over your cheque. If the dealership says you can’t test drive before signing then ask for a policy reason in writing why you can’t. You just want to ensure your brand new vehicle has no obvious anomalies. If they say that’s what the PDI is for then smile and say “then I’m sure you won’t mind if we go for a short 10 minute ‘trip around the block’”

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
South Koreans frustrated with waits up to 30 months for KIA and Hyundai vehicles. There are accusations of the carmaker prioritizing overseas markets for profitably reasons. The carmaker continues to deny citing continued semiconductor supply issues.

source Hyundai, Kia buyers frustrated by long order delays

well….all I can say is it seems KIA and Hyundai are getting more new vehicles into US customer’s hands than Canadian hands. Canada only seems to get a trickle of new vehicles; just enough to chum the waters to continue the preorder feeding frenzy.

I’m not waiting 2 plus years for a KiA or Hyundai. I’m already looking at 1.5 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been following this forum for a while now, as we ordered our Santa Fe PHEV in March 2022. After many false timelines were given to us, we got a more realistic timeline last week: we should expect it to take 20-26 months after our car is put into the factory build queue. Our car is yet to even enter that queue. We were the 4th order for the Santa Fe PHEV at our dealership in 2022, but we all know that makes no difference if Hyundai won't open their order portal. If anyone hears anything else from their dealerships, let me know!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I've been following this forum for a while now, as we ordered our Santa Fe PHEV in March 2022. After many false timelines were given to us, we got a more realistic timeline last week: we should expect it to take 20-26 months after our car is put into the factory build queue. Our car is yet to even enter that queue. We were the 4th order for the Santa Fe PHEV at our dealership in 2022, but we all know that makes no difference if Hyundai won't open their order portal. If anyone hears anything else from their dealerships, let me know!
Holy Crapweasel. That’s another 2 year wait in addition to the 1 year you (and I) will have waited already. That will be a 2024 model but may even be 2025. The Santa Fe you preordered won’t look anything like the new model that is upcoming which looks like a boxy older Land Rover.

This seems odd that your dealership would tell you this as that would strongly encourage preorders to walk away and they would lose future sales. Did they try to shift you to another vehicle choice?

and PS…what province are you located in?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys,

I got the call today that my car is here. I am scheduled to pick it up after its cleaning on 04-Nov-2022.

I fought a little since they didnt want to honor the deal i signed in Dec 2021.

Summary: APR gone from 3.99 to 5.99, Residual value dropped from 50% to 44$, rest gone in the amortized value.

I removed excess wear protection and got the extended warranty for a decent price (7 years 140,000km). I think i got a good deal, do you guys agree?

This is after arguing for 90 minutes, 30 minutes pass their closing time lol...

I asked about 2023 model and they said its all luck if they get the allocation for now portal is closed. I hope you guys get your baby PHEV soon. For now i am making a checklist for the day of as per Mediamans suggestion and trying to sell my CX-5 2018 asap.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it’s great that you are getting your new vehicle. You deserve that new car smell. Enjoy it and I’m jealous.

Nov 5 edit. Sazam? Did you get your new vehicle?
Yes took possession of the vehicle on the 4th of November. Inspected the whole car as per your recommendations. No 360 camera, but has all the other bells and whistles. Dealership people didn't know how to explain all the features as they hadn't seen a PHEV in a while... They told me to read the manual (which i will get to this week).

Blue lagoon isnt that impressive compared to my Mazda's deep crystal blue but I think i will grow fond of it. Drove 2 hours to Blue mountain and back. Smelled some burning rubber when i got to my destination. Dealer told me to book a service appointment (closest one was 10 days from now).Will charge for the first time tomorrow at work! Don't want to explain to landlord how much it'll cost and my work site is 10 min away.

Love the ride, one thing disappointing was the wind noise in the cabin on the highway. Maybe its not normal will have it checked at my next service appointment.

One more question for all of you, it came with Cross Contact Continental tires (19 inch). I put a toonie in the tread and it only reached the golden part (slightly above the silver). Shouldn't new tires be at the bears paws? Will call me dealership and ask.

Car is very spacious and feels luxurious. Loving the lane keep assist and adaptive cruise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 · (Edited)
It’s great that you have your new car. Congratulations.

Tread depth. Go to Canadian Tire and get the cheap $6 tread depth gauge. That’s more accurate than the loonie test. There are many flavours of the cross contact tire so you have to get more specific. Look at the sidewall for the exact name and identifying tire numbers. I highly doubt your new car would have come with used tires. Me? I used to work for a national tire distributor for a time and the seasoned tire guys always said “Get Michelins”. I’m in Vancouver so all seasons suit me all year but if I were east it would be good all season tires and a set of above average winter snows. Anyway. Once you have your exact tire a depth then you can check the continental site for specs. The continental site can be a bit off at times. I checked one random tire and the specs had 10 inches as tread depth. Lol. Email or phone them if you don’t find what you need.

also look at this Post It appears you aren’t alone in your tire issue. Factory tires may be different from buying from a tire store. You should get a lot more wear out of the tires than the person in the post did.

wind noise. A very much reported annoyance on Tuscon and Santa Fe. In those situations dealerships confirmed wind noise above 80kmh but no fix. It’s probably a design flaw and many have zeroed in on the side mirrors. Try cracking your drivers window and right rear passenger window at highway speed. Does the sound go away? You crack both so you don’t get that one window air buffeting sound. If it goes away then it’s most likely a cabin seal issue. If it doesn’t then most likely side mirror.

one more thing. The supplied charging cable comes from the factory default to a less than 12 amp charge rate. The Santa Fe is supposed to charge from empty to full in about 11 hours on a regular house plug but the charging cable is set to a lower rate of charge so it can take much longer. I know there is a way to change the default on the supplied charge cable. Google it in these forums but it’s something like plugging it into the wall but not the car, then holding a button on the charge plug till the display flashes then you set the rate of 12 fir 12 amps and then hold the button again to save the settings. I read that a while back so I might not recall it correctly.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's well known auto manufacturers cheap out on tires by ordering them with less tread depth than the tires you buy yourself. And yes, that's really crappy behavior. And on the wind noise, check that your front windows are double-pane; mine are, and wind noise is actually really subdued on my Calligraphy. I assume all SFs have double-pane windows, but maybe just the top trims. Check it out by lowering it, and seeing if there's a membrane in the middle, or just solid glass. What is super crappy on my SF is road noise; really annoying, and disappointing.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts