Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
My bad it was HSC VIN, see screenshot from dealership's system below that i got first week of August. They confirmed it has still not yet been built.

View attachment 2479
Sa4saa16j3ab is the general model identification for the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe plug-in hybrid. You do not have a VIN yet.

Not to worry. I’ve seen some forum users say they never got notice of a VIN but the dealership called them up out of the blue and said “come get your car”.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I assume now that I will be getting a 2023 model which we've all heard will be the last year for that design, meaning my new car will be outdated in a year:(. That is my other pet peeve with Hyundai, they don't have a design identity. Their only identity is they guarantee that in two years or less your car will be redesigned and you'll be left with an older looking model (not all new designs are though).
I have a theory to expand on the 2024 redesign of the Santa Fe. Most manufacturers have, allegedly, halted further development of PHEV vehicles and this includes Hyundai. PHEV is a stop gap technology until battery range can affordably (profitably) reassure range anxiety buyers. A phev vehicle has to lug around a gas engine, hybrid technology and EV technology. It isn’t profitable for the manufacturer.

We know the 2024 Santa Fe is going to be larger…in between the Tuscon and the Palisade. We know it is going to sport Hyundai’s new logo. We know the Tuscon is, pretty well, the same size as the current Santa Fe. We know that Hyundai isn’t going to waste unveiling a new logo on a simple redesign. We know that the Santa Fe has been a Hyundai darling vehicle for over 20 years.

So I can see Hyundai rolling out a full EV version of the Santa Fe to compete head to head with the KIA EV9. The Santa Fe is a well-established household name that has a lot of in-built trust. I can see Hyundai dropping a PHEV version and possibly dropping the ICE versions. Hyundai has the palisade for ICE versions on one side and the Tuscon on the other.

There may only be a hybrid and EV version of the Santa Fe in 2024.

If Hyundai keeps the ICE version of the new Santa Fe then it will be to attract buyers who want to look like an EV9 except not as expensive and….burning fossil fuels.

It only makes sense for Hyundai to narrow the variety a bit.

This is based on the early spy shots of the 2024 Santa Fe. That’s my epiphany for the moment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in Quebec. We reserved in November 2021 a
I understand your frustration. Car buyers are on the defensive these days instead of on the offensive (negotiating deals).

but….

1) Did you sign a bill of sale with an agreed upon price and options? The dealership should honour that even though 2023 model prices have increased.

2) The dealership will honour the 5k rebate. It’s money out of their pocket if they don’t.

3). Let’s say the vehicle arrives without something you ordered. Maybe it was the panoramic sunroof. It can happen. You have the option of taking delivery with the cost of the option taken off the price. Most likely the dealership will try to compensate you with a seemingly expensive add on for free….but of little cost to them; free oil changes for example. You can refuse delivery and get back into the wait list at the back of the queue. Or you can walk away. But remember you did sign a bill of sale so know your rights.

4). Dealerships don’t tack on add ons on factory ordered vehicles. They may on allocations that arrived but not on ordered vehicles. They do charge a higher admin fee than gas vehicles because they can. That’s a joke as the paperwork is pretty well the same. It’s what we have to live with in today’s marketplace.

5) The dealership wants to sell the car to you. They get paid when you pay. Let’s say the dealership keeps the car and doesn’t sell it to you. Hyundai will slap a $5000 fine on the dealership and may affect future allocations. Sure with the highly sought after PHEV the dealership could find a buyer will to pay $5000 or more over MSRP….but best not to think about something that probably won’t happen.

6). I will tell you what my salesperson told me. “You are not getting your car this year.”

I know that sounds disappointing. I recommend you get your headspace together and settle on the fact that you may get your car in December or January. EVERYONE is waiting much longer than they thought they would be. If you get it sooner…yay…great!

7). Relax and know that you will get your vehicle months before I do….and I only ordered 1 month after you.

8). Be patient. (Trust me…I get impatient too)
just completed a PHEV 2022 purchase last month in Quebec. You don't have any negotiation power. This is the car, if you want it it is yours if not there are ten others behind you waiting for the same car. Don't even ask for winter mats with the car they don't want to hear about it. We actually wanted the brown interior but ended up wiht the black instead. If we waited for the brown we would have been in a 2023 model. My guess is that someone else ordered a white phev santa fe at the same dealership before us but his financing or tastes changed when it came available. We ordered in November 2021 and received it at the end of July 2022. Items I like. The interior in very very nice esp the moon roof. It rides real nice. Downs: In Canada we don't get the big screen in the luxury model. Having to change the oil every 8K kilometers (5000 miles) is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion and just a money grab. On top of that the engine uses special oil filters that you need to buy from Hyundai for now. The phev engine only runs half the time and you have to change the oil 50% more often than most other IC engines running on synthetic. Hyundai really dropped the ball on this one. Even worst for Canadians if you live in Canada the manual states 8000 kilometers. The manual in the States is 8000 miles, which is more reasonable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in Quebec. We reserved in November 2021 a

You don't have any negotiation power. This is the car, if you want it it is yours if not there are ten others behind you waiting for the same car. Don't even ask for winter mats with the car they don't want to hear about it.
True but the provincial and federal rebates eases the pain quite a bit more compare to Ontario.

It seems your real disappointment with the car is the Canadian model vs the US model is "better". If you were to do it again and let say there are no shortages of availability of any cars, would you purchase the Santa Fe PHEV again? Having driven it now, would you consider something else like the Rav Prime for instance or 2023 Mitsu Outlander? In my opinion only based on pictures and videos the SF interior is far better than the Rav but fuel economy and battery is better on Rav and maybe Mitsu. I've also heard Quebec have shorter wait time for the Rav compare to Ontario (not sure if true). I asked because you are the first person I've heard that actually own and driven the SF PHEV in Canada. I think most of us ordered it without having driven or even seen it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
True but the provincial and federal rebates eases the pain quite a bit more compare to Ontario.

It seems your real disappointment with the car is the Canadian model vs the US model is "better". If you were to do it again and let say there are no shortages of availability of any cars, would you purchase the Santa Fe PHEV again? Having driven it now, would you consider something else like the Rav Prime for instance or 2023 Mitsu Outlander? In my opinion only based on pictures and videos the SF interior is far better than the Rav but fuel economy and battery is better on Rav and maybe Mitsu. I've also heard Quebec have shorter wait time for the Rav compare to Ontario (not sure if true). I asked because you are the first person I've heard that actually own and driven the SF PHEV in Canada. I think most of us ordered it without having driven or even seen it.
The car is new so I am still unsure about the reliability but so far I am very very impressed with the Santa Fe PHEV. My wifes friends each bought the outlander phev. One has a 2018 and the other a 2020 and they are all very jealous of my wife's car. First impressions on the Santa Fe very good. The maintenance at each 8000Km will be a pain in the aaaaaa but managable. We are currently averaging 3.4 L/100 km as we have a couple of long distance trips included in there but hey I only average 6.5 with my little civic. We basically told the garage we wanted to test drive it before signing the papers and they were agreeable to this. We would have preferred the brown leather interior but the garage received our color with the black leather. So far no regrets at all. On the upsales when signing I took the extended protection, nano ceramic protection (because you are not allowed to oil an electric vehicle) and 3M clear coat on the hood. the lock lugs were part of the sale $70. I think with all the Hyundai thefts they are being extra careful these days. I am told the new models are not easy to steal as the problem was fixed on new models. If I were purchasing another PHEV SUV, I would probably still have the Santa Fe on the top of my list. that is my first imression. I am also curious to see how good the battery is in the winter. I know the Outlander only gets about half the range it does in the summer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
2024 Santa Fe

There has been rumours that the 2024 Santa Fe will launch earlier than typical timelines suggest. It will also sport the new Hyundai logo. Hyundai will not waste a logo launch on a refreshed vehicle. I think the well known Santa Fe name is going to have a full EV variant to go head to head with the KIA EV9.

First renderings (unofficial) have the new Santa Fe looking like an older Range Rover.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

The side body panels and back end look very similar in my humble opinion….but that’s just me seeing things under the camouflage.

maybe

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Car

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Car Automotive carrying rack Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hyundai is going all out on the transformers look, and now THAT? Looks like an old vehicle already. I don't personally like the transformers look of the new Tucson, for example, but my 2022 SF looks aggressive, yet still elegant, even with its boxy design. I knew Hyundai was going to screw it up, but not that badly. Guess we'll have to wait for the official pictures. That first photo looks like a shoe box, and yes, like an older Land Rover too, and that's not a compliment. Ha ha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I saw the pictures my first thought was it looks a lot like a Range Rover and then I laugh when I saw both of your comments. I do think it's more boxy and truck-ish like, which I'm a fan of. I do like the hard corners on the right places not like the side of the Tucson which I do not like at all. If that rendering is true, I would prefer it but not sure if I'm willing to wait a couple more years. I will have to make a tough decision come early next year when my 2023 arrives or NOT if Mediaman steals it first.

My dealer said it's 99% sure I will get a 2023 model instead of 2022 but they have not been informed of the price yet. Funny the 2023 pricing is listed on the website.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
My dealer said it's 99% sure I will get a 2023 model instead of 2022 but they have not been informed of the price yet. Funny the 2023 pricing is listed on the website.
If your dealer has told you that Hyundai has accepted your order then it will be a 2022. You should have a build queue number though and estimated month.

If you don’t have that info then you are a preorder and Hyundai doesn’t even know you want a car. Next question to your dealer if that is the case is what is your number in that dealership’s queue. For example I am #4 and my salesperson said “maybe….maybe by Easter….I think”

to that end I put a backup vehicle order in just in case Santa Fe PHEV production goes completely sideways. I preordered a 2023 Sportage HEV and come December I will know more about delivery estimates for both and can make a final choice.

As of June 2022 these are the Santa Fe global shipments as of June and (YTD)

Hyundai Santa Fe PHEV – 1,076 (3,936 YTD)

that Is for the entire planet. Scary huh.

And yes…I’ve now set up a webcam on Annacis Island vehicle port where your vehicle will come in. When I see it I can be there in 37 minutes and then….poof….disappear into the plug-in wind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2024 Santa Fe

There has been rumours that the 2024 Santa Fe will launch earlier than typical timelines suggest. It will also sport the new Hyundai logo. Hyundai will not waste a logo launch on a refreshed vehicle. I think the well known Santa Fe name is going to have a full EV variant to go head to head with the KIA EV9.

First renderings (unofficial) have the new Santa Fe looking like an older Range Rover.

The side body panels and back end look very similar in my humble opinion….but that’s just me seeing things under the camouflage.

maybe
I still believe the Ioniq 7 will compete in this space with the ev9 for size, and they do share the same platform. I have no idea how the santa fe will slot in, perhaps one of the last hybrids. It does look rather odd compared to Hyundais recent styling direction. It would also be odd for it to arrive in 2024 which is the rumoured ioniq 7 release year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
The rumor mill says the 2024 Santa Fe will arrive 7 to 10 months earlier. If August/September is traditionally the launch months that puts it February to April 2024....and that doesn't make sense for any market except South Korea.

So who knows. Rumors are just that....rumors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
For July 2022 Hyundai Canada reported 978 Santa Fe sold (interpret that as cars delivered). That’s 6807 delivered to Canada all trims ICE, HEV and PHEV year to date. Compare that to 63,024 delivered to the US year to date.

UPDATE. Here’s how many Santa Fe PHEV vehicles were delivered to Canada January to July….220.

yup….just 220.

source

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just received an Exciting News! from Hyundai Canada that my 2022 Santa Fe PHEV is on scheduled to be built in November 2022.
Lies, they just feed me lies every month. Last month, the car was delayed by two months, so this month they can say it's on track.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
I just received an Exciting News! from Hyundai Canada that my 2022 Santa Fe PHEV is on scheduled to be built in November 2022.
Lies, they just feed me lies every month. Last month, the car was delayed by two months, so this month they can say it's on track.
You mean MY Santa Fe PHEV don’t you. It should be in port by late December/Early January. I’ll need bolt cutters to cut a large enough hole in the fence…heh heh

Congratulations. I’m jealous. You got your order in the day the 2022 portal closed. I ordered January 11 and the order isn’t even officially in with Hyundai yet. Who knows when the damn thing will even be built. I’ve been advised that it may be May….maybe summer.

I’m so swiping yours.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts