Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I am not surprised with the price increases, it does suck that it appears they are tied to rebates. Will have to wait on official pricing and see pricing in other provinces without rebates to really know.
Pricing updated to include Alberta. If you want to go down a conspiracy rabbit hole my salesperson told me back in January that the 2023 model would probably go up by approximately $1000. They were correct ....how did they know that back in January 2022? I don't believe that anyone would know that and if it were known it would have been leaked to media long ago. I think it was an educated/lucky guess.

Registered
I put in an order for 2023 Santa Fe Hybrid (non-PHEV) on April 22nd ... I guess based upon the current timelines I am looking at Fall 2023 for the delivery 馃槀

Which should be the right time to actually go for the refreshed 2024 Santa Fe !!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I put in an order for 2023 Santa Fe Hybrid (non-PHEV) on April 22nd ... I guess based upon the current timelines I am looking at Fall 2023 for the delivery 馃槀

Which should be the right time to actually go for the refreshed 2024 Santa Fe !!!
You may be close with the fall estimate as hybrids will be made in Montgomery, Alabama beginning October of 22.

The 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe will not be a refresh. It will be more a redesign from what I鈥檓 reading. It will be the first Hyundai model to sport the new logo and Hyundai won鈥檛 slap that on a plain old refresh. My guess is that it will have its roots in the current platform that it shares with the Kia Sorento but it will be stretched a bit bigger鈥ot as big as the Palisade but 鈥渂igger鈥 enough to accommodate a third row seat more comfortably. It may borrow the virtual dash of the Tuscon and continue to come in the five flavours of trims.

it will be meant for the 2 plus 2 kids and a dog family who want a bit more room but don鈥檛 want to pay for the more expensive palisade (and wrestle with the longer wheelbase).

it will also capture the 2 plus 4 or 5 kids market who also can鈥檛/don鈥檛 want to afford the palisade.

Call it a baby Palisade if you will.

Kia and Hyundai strategy will probably be to capture each other鈥檚 鈥渋n between - overlap鈥 market instead of going head to head on models.

At least that鈥檚 what I think.

Registered
You may be close with the fall estimate as hybrids will be made in Montgomery, Alabama beginning October of 22.

The 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe will not be a refresh. It will be more a redesign from what I鈥檓 reading. It will be the first Hyundai model to sport the new logo and Hyundai won鈥檛 slap that on a plain old refresh. My guess is that it will have its roots in the current platform that it shares with the Kia Sorento but it will be stretched a bit bigger鈥ot as big as the Palisade but 鈥渂igger鈥 enough to accommodate a third row seat more comfortably. It may borrow the virtual dash of the Tuscon and continue to come in the five flavours of trims.

it will be meant for the 2 plus 2 kids and a dog family who want a bit more room but don鈥檛 want to pay for the more expensive palisade (and wrestle with the longer wheelbase).

it will also capture the 2 plus 4 or 5 kids market who also can鈥檛/don鈥檛 want to afford the palisade.

Call it a baby Palisade if you will.

Kia and Hyundai strategy will probably be to capture each other鈥檚 鈥渋n between - overlap鈥 market instead of going head to head on models.

At least that鈥檚 what I think.
I meant to say 2024 will be a redesign.

That's exactly what I feel will happen. They are trying to capture the in-between market.

Registered
Hi folks, I stumbled onto this forum and I thought I share my experience. I ordered a 2022 Santa Fe PHEV on Jan 4, 2022. Ever since, on a monthly basis starting in Feb 2022, Hyundai Canada has sent me update of my order. Up until April 2022, Hyundai says that my order was scheduled to be built in June 2022 and it also gives my an updated order priority sequence. Starting in May 2022, Hyundai has regrettably informed me that the built date has been delayed monthly. My last update which was July, the built date has been pushed to Sept 2022. I am expecting an update this week with more delays. Based on the updated priority numbers, Hyundai only build from a minimum of 30 to max of 50 cars per month. My Priority number in Feb was 326 as of July I'm now 114. I'm hoping these are Canadian order numbers only. I suspect that my build date will eventually be Nov or Dec and delivered in 2023. Funny the salesperson said when I ordered that I should get the car by June 2022, LIAR:).

First of all, I'm surprised that you're not getting an update from Hyundai. Did you actually sign a bill of sale or are you just on a wait list? Did you get an order number as well? I should note that I'm in Ontario if that makes a difference.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
First of all, I'm surprised that you're not getting an update from Hyundai. Did you actually sign a bill of sale or are you just on a wait list? Did you get an order number as well? I should note that I'm in Ontario if that makes a difference.
First of all congratulations that you have a vehicle eventually on its way to you鈥.and a unicorn PHEV too.

If I am correct you are lucky because 2022 orders closed at end of day on January 4th. You got your order in just as the door closed. I ordered January 17 and so I鈥檓 in the eternal preorder queue. I鈥檓 #4 in preorder queue at my dealership in Vancouver. Best guess is Easter delivery which will be 16 months after I preordered but my fear is the rumours of 18 to 24 months and I pray to Hyundai that it isn鈥檛 from time of accepted official order. That would be awful鈥.2 to 3 years wait for me.

Since your car will be landing at Vancouver port I shall sneak in there at night and steal it.

Yes I would set your expectations for January 2023 and if it arrives in December 2022鈥ell then鈥.Merry Christmas.

Please do keep us updated on everything鈥o far you are one of a few voices of credible information. The rest of preorder folks sit here in our lawn chairs waiting for鈥nything.

Registered
I ordered my santafe phev at hyundai dixie mississauga on 13th of Dec 2021. They promised me car delivery in Feb 2022. When I went in March the sales manager who had made the promise had left the dealership. I was told to wait a couple of weeks. Here we are in August 2022 with multiple promises. Apparently I'm 13th rank in the system for build. They have stopped promising me dates and instead focusing on telling me how lucky I am..
I've already signed an agreement to trade on my vehicle but I've already sold it so hopefully they don't screwe me over. Once the car comes I'll be recording thr whole thing if they plan to ambush me with above msrp or mess with the new 5k rebate instead of the 2.5 k.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I ordered my santafe phev at hyundai dixie mississauga on 13th of Dec 2021. They promised me car delivery in Feb 2022. When I went in March the sales manager who had made the promise had left the dealership. I was told to wait a couple of weeks. Here we are in August 2022 with multiple promises. Apparently I'm 13th rank in the system for build. They have stopped promising me dates and instead focusing on telling me how lucky I am..
I've already signed an agreement to trade on my vehicle but I've already sold it so hopefully they don't screwe me over. Once the car comes I'll be recording thr whole thing if they plan to ambush me with above msrp or mess with the new 5k rebate instead of the 2.5 k.
I understand your frustration. Car buyers are on the defensive these days instead of on the offensive (negotiating deals).

but鈥.

1) Did you sign a bill of sale with an agreed upon price and options? The dealership should honour that even though 2023 model prices have increased.

2) The dealership will honour the 5k rebate. It鈥檚 money out of their pocket if they don鈥檛.

3). Let鈥檚 say the vehicle arrives without something you ordered. Maybe it was the panoramic sunroof. It can happen. You have the option of taking delivery with the cost of the option taken off the price. Most likely the dealership will try to compensate you with a seemingly expensive add on for free鈥.but of little cost to them; free oil changes for example. You can refuse delivery and get back into the wait list at the back of the queue. Or you can walk away. But remember you did sign a bill of sale so know your rights.

4). Dealerships don鈥檛 tack on add ons on factory ordered vehicles. They may on allocations that arrived but not on ordered vehicles. They do charge a higher admin fee than gas vehicles because they can. That鈥檚 a joke as the paperwork is pretty well the same. It鈥檚 what we have to live with in today鈥檚 marketplace.

5) The dealership wants to sell the car to you. They get paid when you pay. Let鈥檚 say the dealership keeps the car and doesn鈥檛 sell it to you. Hyundai will slap a $5000 fine on the dealership and may affect future allocations. Sure with the highly sought after PHEV the dealership could find a buyer will to pay $5000 or more over MSRP鈥.but best not to think about something that probably won鈥檛 happen.

6). I will tell you what my salesperson told me. 鈥淵ou are not getting your car this year.鈥

I know that sounds disappointing. I recommend you get your headspace together and settle on the fact that you may get your car in December or January. EVERYONE is waiting much longer than they thought they would be. If you get it sooner鈥ay鈥reat!

7). Relax and know that you will get your vehicle months before I do鈥.and I only ordered 1 month after you.

8). Be patient. (Trust me鈥 get impatient too)

Registered
I understand your frustration. Car buyers are on the defensive these days instead of on the offensive (negotiating deals).

but鈥.

1) Did you sign a bill of sale with an agreed upon price and options? The dealership should honour that even though 2023 model prices have increased.

2) The dealership will honour the 5k rebate. It鈥檚 money out of their pocket if they don鈥檛.

3). Let鈥檚 say the vehicle arrives without something you ordered. Maybe it was the panoramic sunroof. It can happen. You have the option of taking delivery with the cost of the option taken off the price. Most likely the dealership will try to compensate you with a seemingly expensive add on for free鈥.but of little cost to them; free oil changes for example. You can refuse delivery and get back into the wait list at the back of the queue. Or you can walk away. But remember you did sign a bill of sale so know your rights.

4). Dealerships don鈥檛 tack on add ons on factory ordered vehicles. They may on allocations that arrived but not on ordered vehicles. They do charge a higher admin fee than gas vehicles because they can. That鈥檚 a joke as the paperwork is pretty well the same. It鈥檚 what we have to live with in today鈥檚 marketplace.

5) The dealership wants to sell the car to you. They get paid when you pay. Let鈥檚 say the dealership keeps the car and doesn鈥檛 sell it to you. Hyundai will slap a $5000 fine on the dealership and may affect future allocations. Sure with the highly sought after PHEV the dealership could find a buyer will to pay $5000 or more over MSRP鈥.but best not to think about something that probably won鈥檛 happen.

6). I will tell you what my salesperson told me. 鈥淵ou are not getting your car this year.鈥

I know that sounds disappointing. I recommend you get your headspace together and settle on the fact that you may get your car in December or January. EVERYONE is waiting much longer than they thought they would be. If you get it sooner鈥ay鈥reat!

7). Relax and know that you will get your vehicle months before I do鈥.and I only ordered 1 month after you.

8). Be patient. (Trust me鈥 get impatient too)
1) I only signed a lease agreement but it also included my trade in which is no longer applicable.

Good to know on the rest of the points, I will keep you all updated if my car gets built. I ordered luxury phev with black leather interior and blue lagoon exterior.

Registered
So, I received my monthly email update from Hyundai today, it says as of Aug 15th they now expect to build the car in Nov 2022. That is 2 month delay from last months update.

It's not a real shock to me as I fully expected it anyway but I can't say I'm not disappointed. Santa Fe PHEV is not my first choice, not even second or third. Rav 4 Prime was the obvious choice but 2 years or more wait is not palatable to me. Tucson PHEV was not taking orders at the time and I find the design too polarizing, I find it too "funky" and busy, I'm just too old I guess, nope not a guess I am old. I like the exterior of Sorento but I don't like the interior and costs more than the Santa Fe. The best thing about the Santa Fe was the promise of earlier delivery which they failed to deliver on. I must say that I do prefer the interior of Santa Fe with lots of buttons and the grey colour.

I assume now that I will be getting a 2023 model which we've all heard will be the last year for that design, meaning my new car will be outdated in a year:(. That is my other pet peeve with Hyundai, they don't have a design identity. Their only identity is they guarantee that in two years or less your car will be redesigned and you'll be left with an older looking model (not all new designs are though).

Registered
So, I received my monthly email update from Hyundai today, it says as of Aug 15th they now expect to build the car in Nov 2022. That is 2 month delay from last months update.

It's not a real shock to me as I fully expected it anyway but I can't say I'm not disappointed. Santa Fe PHEV is not my first choice, not even second or third. Rav 4 Prime was the obvious choice but 2 years or more wait is not palatable to me. Tucson PHEV was not taking orders at the time and I find the design too polarizing, I find it too "funky" and busy, I'm just too old I guess, nope not a guess I am old. I like the exterior of Sorento but I don't like the interior and costs more than the Santa Fe. The best thing about the Santa Fe was the promise of earlier delivery which they failed to deliver on. I must say that I do prefer the interior of Santa Fe with lots of buttons and the grey colour.

I assume now that I will be getting a 2023 model which we've all heard will be the last year for that design, meaning my new car will be outdated in a year:(. That is my other pet peeve with Hyundai, they don't have a design identity. Their only identity is they guarantee that in two years or less your car will be redesigned and you'll be left with an older looking model (not all new designs are though).
Atleast you are getting updates from Hyundai Canada, i dont get any emails. Just my dealership gives me update from their system which has Order Sales Number, HSC VIN (12 digits) - god knows what this is, and an expected build/delivery date which is now showing August 2022 with 13 in rank for Canada.

Are you sure we will get the 2023 instead of 2022, i think it will be the latter which will make it drop in value even more. But beggars cant be choosers in this market.

Registered
Atleast you are getting updates from Hyundai Canada, i dont get any emails. Just my dealership gives me update from their system which has Order Sales Number, HSC VIN (12 digits) - god knows what this is, and an expected build/delivery date which is now showing August 2022 with 13 in rank for Canada.

Are you sure we will get the 2023 instead of 2022, i think it will be the latter which will make it drop in value even more. But beggars cant be choosers in this market.
If you have a VIN number, that means that specific car is allotted to you and at the very least in production. You will definitely get it this year but very likely a 2022 model.

My build date is Nov 2022 but that time, 2023 should already be in production, wishful thinking/hoping maybe.

Registered
If you have a VIN number, that means that specific car is allotted to you and at the very least in production. You will definitely get it this year but very likely a 2022 model.

My build date is Nov 2022 but that time, 2023 should already be in production, wishful thinking/hoping maybe.
Ive had that HSV VIN for over 6 months now, i called Hyundai Canada and they said its not a VIN, i was like Okay... and asked them what it is, they were unsure!

I asked my dealership if i can opt for a 2023 they advised against it as they will arrive much later in 2023 due to the back order. I'll be happy if i can get the 2022 before October.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So, I received my monthly email update from Hyundai today, it says as of Aug 15th they now expect to build the car in Nov 2022.
Good to know. I have plenty of time to plan my heist when you car reaches Vancouver port in December. Merry Christmas to me.

Milton - it's a very nice looking vehicle with lots of buttons. Already Tuscon owners are asking "is there a screen protector for the instrument cluster and infotainment screen?" and "How do you keep the dust and fingerprints off?"

Not us...we gots buttons...lots of buttons like an airplane cockpit. I likes lots 'o' buttons.

Oh cars are outdated before they were even built. (Same as computers)

I've seen spy shots of the new 2024 Santa Fe in camouflage wraps. The body angles remind me of the KIA EV9. It seems cubistic - a lot of straight lines and flat body panels. The seats appear to have more tech (EG: the head rest that can sense a crash and react...yes it's a thing) The headlights appear to be quad set up...or at least larger 2 level design. Hard to see underneath the fabric camo. The rear is quite well disguised so I can't tell if it is squared off or continues the rounded look. From the look of the straight sheet metal flat look of the doors my guess is it is squared off.

It is larger - it has grown in size.

At first glance I'm "meh" and glad that I may, eventually, someday, before the earth explodes and entropy ends...get my 2023 preordered model.

but I'm not counting out entropy ending first.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ive had that HSV VIN for over 6 months now,
HSV VIN is Australian. It stands for HSV (Holden Special Vehicles) information. Unless you are in Australia someone is telling you something they are just making up to get you to go away.

https://hsvdatabase.com.au/ and HSV / Authenticate Your HSV

The HSV Database website is your complete unofficial source for HSV information, build numbers, specifications, owners community and more...

Registered
HSV VIN is Australian. It stands for HSV (Holden Special Vehicles) information. Unless you are in Australia someone is telling you something they are just making up to get you to go away.

https://hsvdatabase.com.au/ and HSV / Authenticate Your HSV

The HSV Database website is your complete unofficial source for HSV information, build numbers, specifications, owners community and more...
My bad it was HSC VIN, see screenshot from dealership's system below that i got first week of August. They confirmed it has still not yet been built.

Font Rectangle Circle Flooring Wood

Registered
Their only identity is they guarantee that in two years or less your car will be redesigned and you'll be left with an older looking model
In this case, I'd take my 'old' SF all day long. Ha ha. It has a timeless design in and out IMO. I also completely dislike the freaking screens for everything. The only thing I'd have liked is a permanent screen for the HVAC info, but not a big deal. The Tucson went to hell IMO, and so did the new Genesis models, looking like grandpa vehicles, starting with those awful steering wheels. I plan to keep my SF longer than usual (1 to 2 years), but it'll depend if it turns reliable or not, which is the unfortunate main reason I have to switch vehicles that often. The DCT-8 tranny is not looking good in the long term, but crossing fingers mine turns out okay. We'll see :).

21 - 40 of 59 Posts