Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a dual dashcam and for the rear camera need to get a cable fromthe lift gate to the front of the car. I can run it in thegrooves under weather stripping for most of the run.

But how do I get the cablefrom the back of the car (left side of pic) to the rear passenger door (rightside of pic)?

Then how to get the cableunder the trim panel separating the driver's door from the rear door? I.e. from the rear passenger door weatherstrip groove to the front driver'sdoor weatherstrip groove?

Or is there a totally different routing?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
You don't mention the year/model but pic looks like a late model Sport. I installed a trailer brake controller in mine and found it easy to route the wires through the steering column firewall grommet, then inside the long underside plastic tray on the driver side, then up and over rear axle. From there, entry into rear interior trim should be easy.

Here's an etrailer video that covers the routing for the brake controller. You might be interested in the part from about 8:30 to 13:00.

https://www.etrailer.com/tv-install...e-controller-2017-hyundai-santa-fe-90195.aspx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts