Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've noticed my cabin lights including door lights no longer light up when we open the doors. Is there a button or switch I need to activate to regain this function. 2022 Sante Fe PHEV Limited. 4 months old. Wife wants the door lights back on ASAP.

Thanx, Frederick

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure but Subaru Foresters and VW bugs have such a switch. It controls whether one side of the lighting circuit is always grounded, never grounded, or grounded only when a door is open.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I recall seeing a little video describing such a switch in the ceiling but I tried all of them and my doors still d light up. Confusing.
In fact, I think my wife unknowingly disabled the door lights when she was trying to turn on the ceiling lights and of course hit the emergency call button which connected us to the person who asked us what was our emergency and we explained you can't see the buttons in t h e dark to turn on the cabin lights bad design. I think one of those buttons somehow doubles as the door lights activator but I don't know which one it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your manual should have a number of pages detailing the interior lighting operation. I think it is in Section 5. I don't have the PEHV model so I can't provide a page number, but I believe it is titled "Interior Lights". Maybe around page 85 or so. Follows the pages about the Exterior Lights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your manual should have a number of pages detailing the interior lighting operation. I think it is in Section 5. I don't have the PEHV model so I can't provide a page number, but I believe it is titled "Interior Lights". Maybe around page 85 or so. Follows the pages about the Exterior Lights.
I finally got a good look at the little pictures on the buttons in the ceiling and one of them shows what looks like an open door from the perspective of being above the car. I'll experiment with that buttonwhen it gets dark in a few hours.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What's sad is no body looks in that manual I read mine cover to cover alot of these questions can be answered bur today's society everyone wants to ask rather than research it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's sad is no body looks in that manual I read mine cover to cover alot of these questions can be answered bur today's society everyone wants to ask rather than research it.
That "Quick Reference Guide" manual has way too many pages and no index entry for door lights nor much for "lights" in general , so why not use this forum? I'm just happy I figured out what all of the 30 or so buttons do but I know I will never figure out even half of what all the on-screen buttons do. Thanx to the forums, owners at least have a chance to figure things out. My dealer never returns my messages nor do the regional help folks for Hyundai seem to know much about this new space age car I call the Apollo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That "Quick Reference Guide" manual has way too many pages and no index entry for door lights nor much for "lights" in general , so why not use this forum? I'm just happy I figured out what all of the 30 or so buttons do but I know I will never figure out even half of what all the on-screen buttons do. Thanx to the forums, owners at least have a chance to figure things out. My dealer never returns my messages nor do the regional help folks for Hyundai seem to know much about this new space age car I call the Apollo.
Ok, I just found the very thick 1000+? page book entitled the 2022 "Owners Manual" and it doesn't detail an answer to my question but I think I figured out the "missing" little lights I thought were located at the bottom of the front doors. I don't think there are any "at the bottom of the doors" little lights. Instead the ceiling lights are bright enough and angled to light up the ground next to the doors and that function has returned so I think my issue h
as been resolved. My other cars have lights at the bottoms of the doors and I assumed my Sante Fe PHEV had them as well. Not so much. Not sure why they have 2 huge manuals and I don't plan on reading them cover to cover. Anyway thanx to all who helped out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok, I just found the very thick 1000+? page book entitled the 2022 "Owners Manual" and it doesn't detail an answer to my question but I think I figured out the "missing" little lights I thought were located at the bottom of the front doors. I don't think there are any "at the bottom of the doors" little lights. Instead the ceiling lights are bright enough and angled to light up the ground next to the doors and that function has returned so I think my issue h
as been resolved. My other cars have lights at the bottoms of the doors and I assumed my Sante Fe PHEV had them as well. Not so much. Not sure why they have 2 huge manuals and I don't plan on reading them cover to cover. Anyway thanx to all who helped out.
Reading the books explains alot hence how alot of us know what to do anyhow good luck ill always help but sometimes we have to help ourselves. Enjoy your santa fe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts