Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just got the 2022 Ultimate Calligraphy, and it comes with 20 inch tires. I find that I am really feeling all the bumps in the road. Would reducing my tire size help with this? If so, what size would you recommend. I was thinking just 19 inches, but let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Calligraphy is due next week, and for the first time in my life, I was disappointed it comes with too much tire for that size SUV. And also too much wheel as well. My much larger Palisade Calligraphy has 20x7.5 with 245/50 tires. The smaller SF has 255/45 tires on 20x8.5 wheels. Geez. I also would have liked 19" wheels with 235s. My issue is road noise, and the larger the tire, the worse the noise. At least it seems to come with Continental tires, rather than the crappy Korean ones the Pali came with. But road noise is unacceptable to us. I was inquiring if anybody has added insulation to quiet it down. And where. I think lower trims come with 235s in either 18s or 19s, so you could look into swapping wheels, if you'd like that. You could even offer to swap yours for one of those, plus some cash. Good luck, and keep us posted what you ended up doing :).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts