Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's happened four times in two weeks. Three left hand turns and one right hander... passenger seat occupied on right hander, all turns were while in motion and without breaks being applied, not sharp turns..no dashboard warning lights accompany the set of two - two beeps each, total of four beeps. Sound doesn't match the seat belt warning.... it's very obvious, loud enough to startle my passenger... Going to dealer on Wednesday for install they owe, I'll check with them... any thoughts?

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's happened four times in two weeks. Three left hand turns and one right hander... passenger seat occupied on right hander, all turns were while in motion and without breaks being applied, not sharp turns..no dashboard warning lights accompany the set of two - two beeps each, total of four beeps. Sound doesn't match the seat belt warning.... it's very obvious, loud enough to startle my passenger... Going to dealer on Wednesday for install they owe, I'll check with them... any thoughts?
You sure it's not the blind spot detection? Just asking as if you have the turn signal on and you're paying attention to the road (as you should) but a car comes up alongside you, the darn thing will beep twice "beep beep, pause, beep beep" and unless you're looking at the side mirrors to see the light, I don't think you get any other type of notification (like on the instrument panel).

maybe?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That could sure be it..... stage two of the alarm... it's too bad, cause when you're in a multiple lane turning there's going to be a car next to you turning as well, and who needs the warning then... didn't see any way to disable stage two of the BSD function, the stage one (mirror indicator) works great, don't need that beep beep, beep beep when the signals are on..and one other thing, is that turn signal noise one of the most annoying you've ever heard?

·
Registered
37 Posts
That could sure be it..... stage two of the alarm... it's too bad, cause when you're in a multiple lane turning there's going to be a car next to you turning as well, and who needs the warning then... didn't see any way to disable stage two of the BSD function, the stage one (mirror indicator) works great, don't need that beep beep, beep beep when the signals are on..and one other thing, is that turn signal noise one of the most annoying you've ever heard?
I haven't paid much attention to the turn signal indicator (I take delivery of mine tomorrow). But I'm coming from a 2005 Chevy Equinox POS, so I can't imagine anything could be worse than that.

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
That sounds like it to me. It will also give a warning on the info center I believe.... Look under settings in the info center there might be a setting there to turn off the beep

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, there was a sound setting for the BSD, which I assume is what's driving the two beeping tones.. I don't recall any display on the dash, but no matter, I think it's off now, and the BSD is still on, which is a nice option..

Thanks, I'll let you know if this didn't fix it, but I'm thinking you nailed it...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yep, there was a sound setting for the BSD, which I assume is what's driving the two beeping tones.. I don't recall any display on the dash, but no matter, I think it's off now, and the BSD is still on, which is a nice option..

Thanks, I'll let you know if this didn't fix it, but I'm thinking you nailed it...
You're welcome. Given I'm a new owner, I know very little about the SFS so far (just finished reading the manual--hah). But glad I was able to help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I have driven several miles with both highway and city driving, lots of turning and the double beeping has not reappeared.... Thanks again, you're suggestion was spot on....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts