Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate. We removed the rear head rests to make more room to take a month long vacation this past summer. When I went to reinstall them I accidentally put the center one on backwards and can't get it back out, even with a hammer and wooden block.
Pushing in on the locks do not make any difference. When we had it in for scheduled service I inquired about it but was told they would have to disassemble the seat and no estimate of time involved.
Has anybody else had that problem or know how to take the seat apart to do that? I will cut it off flush if necessary or hopefully twist the bars around forward as the rear seat stays folded down. I only raise it upright to accommodate 2 passengers anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Penetrating oil spray (says so on the can) while the back of the seat is upright and give it hours to work, prior to trying removal once again.
Use a good penetrating oil. Keep lackluster junk sprays like WD-40 far-far away from this job.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not just stuck. It's more like it's caught but inserted backwards so the notches are on the wrong side. I have pounded it pretty hard with a good size hammer and wooden block but no movement. It's still almost new, only 9500 miles. If I can get the seat apart, I can cut or disassemble the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got clue on how to release the stuck headrest. It seems there is a plastic ring over the ferrule that the headrest supports get inserted into. The left has a push release but the right is only accessible after prying the ring upwards and detaching it from the ferrule. After releasing it, the ring gets snapped back in place. After several months, problem solved!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts