Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The automatic liftgate on my 2015 Santa Fe is failing, 1 in 5 times the tailgate will open/close the rest of the time it doesn't. Hyundai dealer quoted me over AUD$3000 to replace. Since a) this is loads of money b) I never really like the automatic lift gate anyway, I'd like to replace it with a manual system. A part search seems to show liftgate support arms for about $20. The dealer told me it is not possible to replace the automatic liftgate with a manual one, is this true? Has anyone removed the automatic arms and put manual arms in their place, or will the electric unlock stop working if the liftagate arm wires re disconnected (or cut)?

Thanks in advance,
Tobin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. If you go into the menu via the steering wheel there is a "door," option under maintenance. From here you can turn off power tailgate and smart tailgate. This lets me open and close it manually without fighting the electric motors. Side note, I was troubleshooting another issue with my brake lights. After disconnecting the battery for a few minutes the power tailgate was working again, but failed again later after another battery disconnect. I'm reluctant to get the arms replaced, knowing they work and it is probably an electrical issue. Hope this helps.

-Jeff
The automatic liftgate on my 2015 Santa Fe is failing, 1 in 5 times the tailgate will open/close the rest of the time it doesn't. Hyundai dealer quoted me over AUD$3000 to replace. Since a) this is loads of money b) I never really like the automatic lift gate anyway, I'd like to replace it with a manual system. A part search seems to show liftgate support arms for about $20. The dealer told me it is not possible to replace the automatic liftgate with a manual one, is this true? Has anyone removed the automatic arms and put manual arms in their place, or will the electric unlock stop working if the liftagate arm wires re disconnected (or cut)?

Thanks in advance,
Tobin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts