Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to get a Santa Fe but I want to be sure to look for the right years. I don't buy new vehicles as I think it's a waste of money due to how much value you lose driving off the lot. I want to look for a well-kept 2nd generation Santa Fee, probably close to 2010 than the earlier years. But I figured before I start really digging in and searching, I'd find out if there are any years that had recalls or specific problems that I should avoid.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually own a 2nd generation (2010) Santa Fe. The only recall that I know of was pretty recent (Jul 2012) and involved issues with the passenger side air bag possibly not deploying in a crash. This recall was for 2006-2009 models, so it didn't affect me at all so I never looked too deep into it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yea the airbag is the only one I caught in my research either but they were pretty quick to jump on it. I do not mind any recalls but some companies are known for taking far too long to fix and ongoing issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll look into that recall then so I'll have the details when I'm scouring ads. I really don't think I want to go any earlier than 2010 anyway but if a super deal came along, I might go a little older.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honestly, if the only recall you can find is regarding a passenger side airbag, then I think you're in good shape to go with an older model. I realize that airbags are important for safety, but I can think of many potentially worse problems. Also, it seems like something they could fix fairly easily.

·
Registered
32 Posts
3rd Generation Is The Way To Go!!!

I've decided to get a Santa Fe but I want to be sure to look for the right years. I don't buy new vehicles as I think it's a waste of money due to how much value you lose driving off the lot. I want to look for a well-kept 2nd generation Santa Fee, probably close to 2010 than the earlier years. But I figured before I start really digging in and searching, I'd find out if there are any years that had recalls or specific problems that I should avoid.
Have you investigated fully the 3rd Gen (2013 Santa Fe). This car is a quantum leap ahead of anything that Hyundai has ever made. With the deals out there right now, you can get a new 2013 2.0T for around 29K if that fits your budget. Extremely long warranty, made in the US, great engine, great looks, great handling, tows 4000 lbs, 19" wheels, leather, etc. Nobody (Honda, Mazda, Toyota, Buick, Chevy, Ford,etc) has anything anywhere near this for the price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I believe that recall was for Driver's Airbag.
The Clock Spring in the 2006-2010 was defective.
If you got an "Air Bag indicating light" the drivers bag would not activate. If Cruise Control was not operating more than likely it was the same problem. Basically the Clock Spring is the electrical connection between Steering Column to the Steering Wheel. It's a ribbon cable with a spring, when you turn right it coils and left it uncoils.
I know this because my 2008 Santa Fe developed that problem. In US they were officially recalled. In Ireland they are not honoring the recall.
Overall, very happy with my 2.2 Diesel.
Tks,
Brendan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts