Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All . . .
On the rear of the Alternator is a pump . . .Vacuum Pump I believe . . It has 2 pipes coming out.
One has rubber pipe . . the other is rubber/wire sheaved joining to a metal pipe with fittings . .(This one seems to be weeping oil . . .!!!)
Can someone let me know the function of these pipes/pump . . ?
(On 'Google' sites it states that it is for the brake servo . . But I can see the metal pipe going to the engine block . . ??!!)
Any help much appreciated.
tc542

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi All . . .
On the rear of the Alternator is a pump . . .Vacuum Pump I believe . . It has 2 pipes coming out.
One has rubber pipe . . the other is rubber/wire sheaved joining to a metal pipe with fittings . .(This one seems to be weeping oil . . .!!!)
Can someone let me know the function of these pipes/pump . . ?
(On 'Google' sites it states that it is for the brake servo . . But I can see the metal pipe going to the engine block . . ??!!)
Any help much appreciated.
tc542
On seeing another YouTube video . . About replacing an alternator . . . the guy called it an 'Oil pump' . . This would explain the weepage . . But what is the function of the pump? . . .
Many thanks in advance . . tc542

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alternator pump

Hi . . .
On closer inspection, and checking for spare parts, I believe this is an oil feed pipe providing lubrication for the brake vacuum pump.
Another pipe . . return . . flows downwards towards the sump. . . oil drain methinks.

The Hyundai pipe part no. is '37392-27400' . . . I found one on eBay for about £27 . . . :)
(More than £80 from my local Hyundai dealer . . . !!)
It will take some time to travel from Korea, but the leak is not massive. . . I can wait.
Regards, tc542

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alternator vacuum pump . . .Lubrication pipe

Hi . . .
On closer inspection, and checking for spare parts, I believe this is an oil feed pipe providing lubrication for the brake vacuum pump.
Another pipe . . return . . flows downwards towards the sump. . . oil drain methinks.

The Hyundai pipe part no. is '37392-27400' . . . I found one on eBay for about £27 . . . :)
(More than £80 from my local Hyundai dealer . . . !!)
It will take some time to travel from Korea, but the leak is not massive. . . I can wait.
Regards, tc542
Hi All . . .again . . .
Replaced the pipe . . That took only a week or so to come from Korea . . . !!
Now no oil leak . . .Happy Chappy. . . :)

Think the old one must've got damaged when someone moved/removed/adjusted the Alternator . .
Be careful when doing so . .it looks flexible, but maybe gets hardened over the years . . . .!!

Hope this helps someone in future . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts