Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine is 2.0t awd. Dealers can't find anything. Hyundai USA is researching my case still. The dealers are starting to piss me off. Dealers won't say anything is wrong but won't say that the acceleration is normal. Hyundai USA has excellent service and I truly believe they are trying to figure this out. Not so good service from dealers though

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
The reason the dealer won't say anything one way or the other is it could place a liability on them legally. Say they were to tell you the acceleration isn't right, then you leave and get into a wreck crossing traffic due to the acceleration issue and someone dies. Then the liability is on them for letting you drive away in a faulty vehicle. And the same thing goes for the other side of the coin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I see many say there has been no issue since applying the update. Can everyone confirm the same when Drive Mode is in "Normal"?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I only use mine in normal mode and it has essentially fixed it. I only essentially as I still feel the transmission is not that responsive when trying to accelerate from a near stop where the teams shifts from 2nd or 3rd gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
They can't diagnose mine so hyundai USA keeps bumping it up their chain to get it fixed. Most of the time it's not a huge deal but a $40k vehicle should work properly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
2017 santa fe fix

Driven 300 miles after fix ,vehicle preforms great,drives totally different after driving in eco mode last 3 months,feel like a new car ,finally feels fixed to me no issues!

·
Registered
37 Posts
They can't diagnose mine so hyundai USA keeps bumping it up their chain to get it fixed. Most of the time it's not a huge deal but a $40k vehicle should work properly

Has Hyundai managed to find anything yet? One would think if the SFS and Santa Fe share the same software/module that the fix should apply as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has Hyundai managed to find anything yet? One would think if the SFS and Santa Fe share the same software/module that the fix should apply as well.
No. They actually weren't doing anything about it. Just kept telling me to take it in but the dealers couldn't find anything on 2 separate occasions. I just gave up. It's the weirdest shifting and accelerating vehicle I have ever owned. I owned the 2014 2.0t but not AWD and never had these issues. I'm not gonna worry anymore until error lights start popping

·
Registered
37 Posts
Santa Fe Sport is available as four cylinder only so the recall/rework is for V6 LWB vehicles only.

Well there are a few SFS owners with the issue, so either they've not complained or Hyundai's not managed to figure out what the issue is, but the symptoms sure sound the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think I posted this earlier but the second time I went for this I had an extended test drive with a pretty knowledgable technician and he stated that the turbo 4 cylinder models had a lot of people complaining on the 16's about rough transmission shifting. Again this was only for the turbo 16 SFS model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am experiencing same issues on 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited, with hesitation/jerking from low speeds. Typically when turning

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am experiencing same issues on 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited, with hesitation/jerking from low speeds. Typically when turning
There should be a fix then if you take it into the dealer. I think it got converted from a TSB to a Campaign or something, but I think the bulletin/whatever # is in this long thread somewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2017 Santa Fe with the same issue. It happens to me mostly going up an incline from a stop, the traction control light flashes and I have no power. I am working with the dealership to determine if it is just AWD or Santa Fe in general. The mechanics are, so far, unable to reproduce the problem. I am on my 3rd vehicle, this one does not have AWD. So far I have noticed the problem in all Santa Fe models I have tried. I guess we get a Tuscon next. I can only imagine that Hyundai will get serious when someone gets rear ended by a truck. I really like the Hyundai, this is my third one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
problem on all sante fe models?

Hello,
I have a Sante Fe sport 2.4L, 4CYL. I purchased in August, is this problem known on all Sante Fe models or just certain ones? I have noticed the delay/jerk but thought it was a normal thing while in ECO mode, however with research I am finding it is not normal for this to happen. This jerk/delay seems to happen after turning a corner. I am also noticing a delay or jerk when braking, it is hard to describe but after I apply the brake it kind of delays before completely stopping, has anyone had this happen? It looks like I will have to take it to the dealer after reading that this is in fact an issue with the Sante Fe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the 17 sport 2.0 awd with the same problem. Dealer can't replicate it so I gave up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same issue with my '17 Sport Ultimate. When I told the service manager about my complaint (and the large number of other people on this site with the same problem), I was condescendingly told 'you can't believe everything on the internet'. No s**t Sherlock, but if you have an ever growing high number people with the same problem...I think it's logical to assume there is a problem!

Talked to a different s/a last time in, and it turns out his wife just purchased a '17 and he noticed the same issue. He (like me) was driving primarily in Eco mode, but has been subsequently told from the dealership gm to inform current owners to NOT use Eco under 70 kph/45 mph. The hesitation isn't nearly as frequent in Normal mode. Oddly enough, my girlfriend purchased a '17 Ltd Sport about a month before I bought mine, and her car drives much better than mine. I've never noticed the hesitation in her vehicle (even in Eco mode).

Makes me miss my '15 Ltd model a lot sometimes, but I so enjoy the extra toys in the Ultimate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Add me to the list. I have a 2017 Santa Fe Sport, 2.0T, Ultimate - AWD. Thanks to @mjonis , I found this thread. I am active on the other hyundai forum and didn't even know this one existed.

I have been having this issue new, I purchased the vehicle in July of 2016. The first few times it happened, it did not concern me as i though maybe it was a slick road, or too much throttle or whatever. It was just me getting used to the car.

But then it kept happening. During turns. During U-Turns. When hitting bumps. TC light comes on, Engine Loses all power. I've nearly been rear ended twice because of this. I've had to pull off the road to avoid the accident.

My first documented visit to my dealer was back in October of 2016. At the time I had about 5000-6000 miles on the car. Drove with a tech at the dealership and I was able to recreate the issue with him in the car. He acknowledged the issue. I left it there with them to diagnose. That first visit they somehow dropped the ball, they opened a ticket with Hyundai Engineering and then closed it right away. So nothing got fixed. I bring it back for the 2nd visit. They drive with a recorder on the car. "cant duplicate issue". I go back again. They have the car for a week. "can't duplicate issue." This is when I contact Hyundai Consumer Affairs. I get a claim started and a rep contacts me. He says for me to take it back and have the dealer do another flight recording (which has already been done mind you). I actually take it to a different dealer. I explain the whole thing. And leave it with the service manager.

They applied some sort of TCM module update. (cant remember the TSB number right now). But it was supposedly supposed to fix this issue. It didn't. So I asked the Hyundai Rep how do I start a buyback process. He said he would forward me on to another rep in my region. And someone would be in contact with me within 3-5 business days. Well yesterday was the 5th business day. I haven't heard from anyone else.

The car today has 12,500 miles on it. I have to drive a lot for work. Still waiting to hear from Hyundai Consumer Affairs.

I have been turning off TC when I get in the car to avoid the problem, but that is not a solution. I am tired of being juggled around by the dealerships.

TL: DR
TC/ESC issue during during, engine loses power, dangerous
So far, 4 visits to dealerships
~20 business days of the vehicle in the shop
Been to 2 separate dealerships to diagnose the issue
Hyundai Consumer Affairs rep transfers claim to Central Region
Haven't heard from anyone at Central Region yet.

61 - 80 of 119 Posts