Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While parked at home center, high winds and a runaway shopping cart created a cracked lens on the turn signal.
Consequently, water got into turn signal housing and now there's a short. (Still works) but flashes more rapidly than normal.
One thing I learned about vehicle is that the instrument cluster shows exact light/ turn signal which is faulty.
I've searched internet for video on how to replace, but there is only How -To video on older models
Because turn signal is mounted in the rear bumper there is no way that I can see to remove housing without taking part of the rear bumper apart!

2021 Santa Fe SEL AWD w/ convivence package

·
Registered
'22 Santa Fe Calligraphy, 2.5T HTRAC • Hampton Gray / Black
5 Posts
Unfortunately I think that what you will need to do. Get under the back of the truck and see if there is anything that can be removed from the bottom/underneath.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. I was looking for u-tube video on how to remove the bumper and other cosmetic facia/trim pieces in the right sequence but haven't found any links or how to videos.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My related question is why the heck put the turn signals that low, and not amber, at least? What's wrong with doubling the brake lights as turn-signal lights? That has been done for decades. Just curious. Thx.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Removing a bumper is A BIG DEAL, not to be done by most owners, All the sensors have to be disconnected and tested after reconnection. Had my 2015 Hyundai Genesis rear bumper repaired after a MINOR scratch, $900, mostly removal and replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts