Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
TWO 2007 Santa Fe Ltd (Both Black, both purchased at the same time)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two '07 SF Ltds purchased new and I've just started doing my own maintenance. The question I have is the fitment of the oil filter cap. According to the videos I've seen and research I've done I've correctly replaced the O rings and assured that the center stem is correctly set into the cap and the new filter element is properly seated. However, when I tighten down the filter housing cap as tight as I can make it by hand there is still approx 1/16-1/8" of space between the bottom of the cap lip bottom and the top edge of the housing.
Originally this seemed to be flush. The new filter was the correct FRAM unit. Just thought I would post and see if anyone else has experienced this and what they may have to to remedy it? Thanks in advance for any ideas/pointers/suggestions.

·
Registered
TWO 2007 Santa Fe Ltd (Both Black, both purchased at the same time)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, no pics but I ended up using a strap style filter wrench and was able to turn it further down to meet as required. Fits well now and no leaks. Just so happens I'm now attempting to change the oil/filter on my 2nd 2007 Santa Fe and the drain plug is stuck as can be. I've tried long wrench, socket, both with a rubber mallet, penetrating oil and tomorrow I will even try a heat gun to do the expansion/compression trick. My guess is the last place I had to it had the technician tighten it with an impact gun. Suck is life . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts