Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! Just got my new 2023 santa fe calligraphy a few weeks ago and loving it so far. This is my 3rd santa fe so far, lets see how long I can make this one last! My last one was a 08 3.3L and had a timing issue and decided to donate it :(

Has anyone experienced or experiencing very slow GUI response on the screen? Like for a specific and one example when I'm using the carplay feature, theres a HUGE delay when using carplay GPS from like google maps (i tried apple maps, same). I've missed like exits over exits because it tells me to keep driving and then finally when it tells me to turn, I'm already like 200-500 ft away/passed from the exit. Overall the carplay is very laggy, it takes a multiple seconds to load certain sections of the carplay feature.

The GUI outside the carplay is also sluggish at times which is so weird to me.

Just wondering if anyone is experienced with this or what i can do? My dad's 2019 is realllllly fast and responsive. (he has the base santa fe)

Thanks !

-Frank

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm thinking of using Google via CarPlay when traveling to large cities, since the factory nav is crap nowadays (it was great on my 2016 Optima SX-L), but your statement concerns me. I'd probably only use it in the cities, where you're going slower, but my question to you is if you're sure is the screen, or the phone? Next time disconnect the phone from the car, and see if the lag remains or not, to know if it's the phone/reception or the screen. While in CP, you're using the phone's GPS, not the car's, and they can be laggy sometimes. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For what it's worth, I believe it's an IOS issue. I've used Carplay extensively for Google maps and it worked perfectly fine until maybe about a month ago. I'd get the exact same symptoms (touch screen lag, Google maps showed me as far as a half mile behind, etc). As soon as I unplugged the phone, the system would work perfectly fine. The only change I was able to think of was that I updated my IOS (don't remember the number, but it was 15.something). I am still having the same issues on IOS 16.1.1. I have not updated the maps software in the vehicle as of yet either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts