Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to join the forum and group, been reading and following for a while. We are in Ontario Canada and ordered our hyundai 2022 santa fe hybrid luxury at the beginning of December and was told we should expect it end of first quarter. We received an email on Jan 10th saying it would be going into production in the month of January and was #34 in it's que. We are not sure what that means as a timeline.
Could not find anything for tracking like we did when we bought our Ford Escape. We were able to track it through production and delivery, to bad Hyundai does not do that.
Question all, when looking today on the Canadian Hyundai site, I went to build it to read over the specs again I was surprised to see in the top right of the image it saying "Sold Out". I have never heard of a new car being sold out, anyone hear of this before and if it means they are done building them for 2022?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! Was it a Plug-in hybrid (PHEV) that you ordered or a regular hybrid?
It is a 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe, 1.6T Hybrid Luxury AWD in Ontario Canada.
Received an email last week stating that as of February 7, that it is in transit to local distribution center.
So from Order date Dec 16th, to production complete of Jan 31st, too in shipping Feb 7th, the only thing now is how long is the wait for it to arrive at the dealer. I did receive a message for someone saying 4-weeks to Vancouver port then 2-4 weeks trip to dealer, hoping that is like 1/3 that LOL.
I will keep you all posted as to how long it takes and when we hear the next update. Surprised though it is a 4-day gap between the milestone and the email from Hyundai.
Also anyone know away to print off the widower sticker from he VIN? Looked it up and tried a lot of sites but all said nothing was found.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok so not a PHEV. Well I'm glad you got an update and I hope when you get it, that it works out for you. We love the vehicle BUT have been having issues with ours that I've detailed in other threads. Related to cold weather and the hybrid system locking itself out so the vehicle can't be driven. I hope this doesn't happen with yours but we were starting to wonder if they were halting production because it seems they are pretty scarce so far considering this is their model year.
I don't know about the VIN question.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just received a call this afternoon stating that our 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe, 1.6T Hybrid Luxury AWD, LAGOON BLUE arrived at the dealer and we pick it up Tuesday afternoon.
For the timeline:
Order date Dec 16th, production complete Jan 31st, ship Feb 7th, to the dealership Feb 24th and pick-up Nar 1st. Built in Korea so actually faster then quoted of 3-months

1 - 5 of 5 Posts