Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an AWD 2022 Calligraphy, the manual mentions a 4WD Lock Button, but I can't find one in all the switches! Is there one on this model, or is it all automagic?

Thanks
It should be in the center of the large round knob to the right of the gear selector buttons. Press in to engage and it will change colors.
Use it only in snow or loose surfaces, never dry pavement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an AWD 2022 Calligraphy, the manual mentions a 4WD Lock Button, but I can't find one in all the switches! Is there one on this model, or is it all automagic?

Thanks
You Don’t have “Lock”. It’s intelligent AWD.The vehicle will trigger the back wheels when it deems it needed.When you shift it into “Terrain” mode(ie:snow) it seems to trigger much easier but will still only run two wheel drive most of the time. I have the same model btw.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid Limited
9 Posts

Thanks
It should be in the center of the large round knob to the right of the gear selector buttons. Press in to engage and it will change colors.
Use it only in snow or loose surfaces, never dry pavement.

You Don’t have “Lock”. It’s intelligent AWD.The vehicle will trigger the back wheels when it deems it needed.When you shift it into “Terrain” mode(ie:snow) it seems to trigger much easier but will still only run two wheel drive most of the time. I have the same model btw.

This is one of the differences between the US and Canadian versions of the AWD Santa Fe's. Canadian versions have "Terrain" drive modes (Snow, Mud, Sand), but do not have the "4WD Lock" button. The US versions have a "Snow" drive mode, plus the "4WD Lock" button.

Gauge Measuring instrument Circle Auto part Font
Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive design Measuring instrument Automotive wheel system

Also, if a Hybrid version, the "Comfort" drive mode is replaced with "ECO".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts