Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parking/backup sensors are not working. We're pretty sure they used to work, but we haven't had the car very long. We asked at the dealer when we stopped to pick up our plates, and they said it didn't look like we had any sensors (not visible), but we learned later that they are integrated into the bumper for 2021. Is there any trim package on the 2021 Santa Fe that does not have the parking/backup sensors? I'm guessing not. Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking at HyundaiUSA site, maybe we don't have that feature!? Though hard to believe reverse parking warning is not standard on all trims.
1624983896437.png

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '21 Limited and the little black camera is on the underside of the hatch just to the left of the hatch release switch, above the rear license plate. SE should have it too. Seems unlikely that your model's camera is any different than mine.

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the backup monitor/camera, with the parking distance guides, but I don't have any warning signal, when I get close to objects while backing up. Both my wife and I think we had it initially, remembering it going off while backing out of the garage, but it no longer works. We also had 3 views for the rear view/backup camera - normal, wide angle, and straight down. Now we only have normal and straight down. Wondering if anyone knows for sure that the backup warning is standard on the SE trim. Couldn't find it as an option, and only found the forward/reverse warning as standard on the Limited trim. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the backup monitor/camera, with the parking distance guides, but I don't have any warning signal, when I get close to objects while backing up. Both my wife and I think we had it initially, remembering it going off while backing out of the garage, but it no longer works. We also had 3 views for the rear view/backup camera - normal, wide angle, and straight down. Now we only have normal and straight down. Wondering if anyone knows for sure that the backup warning is standard on the SE trim. Couldn't find it as an option, and only found the forward/reverse warning as standard on the Limited trim. Thanks.
The backup warning is a function of the ultrasonic sensors that are built into the bumper. It's only on the limited and calligraphy trim levels. The integrated sensors in the rear bumper are small circles. There are 4 on the back bumper of my Santa Fe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts