Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, I'm new to the forum and have had my new ride for less than a week. So far, I'm loving it. One thing that I'm not fond of is the beeping noise it makes once in reverse. I am not referring to the proximity alert. I mean it beeps like a U-Haul or bus. Does anyone know if this noise can be disabled? I'm wondering if it is a required safety feature because hybrids are so quiet. Thank you!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello to all, I'm new to the forum and have had my new ride for less than a week. So far, I'm loving it. One thing that I'm not fond of is the beeping noise it makes once in reverse. I am not referring to the proximity alert. I mean it beeps like a U-Haul or bus. Does anyone know if this noise can be disabled? I'm wondering if it is a required safety feature because hybrids are so quiet. Thank you!
I just got the 2021 Santa Fe Hybrid. That beeping is very annoying. Especially in our underground garage, it's very loud in there. I feel like I'm a trash truck backing up.

I need to find out how to turn it off or lower the volume. It's embarrassing. I will cut the wire if I have to. The beeper is under the hood somewhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Amen to that.
Day 2 with the new 2022 SF Hybrid. 1st time I put in in reverse in my garage.
Scared the hell out of my wife. Probably woke any neighbors that were still sleeping.
Obnoxious excessively loud sound that sounds like a delivery truck backing up - multipled by the echo produced from my garage.

Seen a video that shows how to disconnect a plug to a horn behind the grille.
Others posted about taping over the speaker.

I'm in full agreement.
I'll find a way to disable this somehow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Amen to that.
Scared the hell out of my wife. Probably woke any neighbors that were still sleeping.
Obnoxious excessively loud sound that sounds like a delivery truck backing up - multipled by the echo produced from my garage.

I'm in full agreement.
Can you share a link to that video please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Amen to that.

I'm in full agreement.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have a 2021 Hybrid the beeping is to much... does anyone know how to turn this off?? or lower the beep..
You can disconnect the cable going to the VESS unit. But its not easy to get to.

It's located just to the right of the Hyundai logo in the middle of the grille. So far I was able to get the 4 screws out that secure the black box, but I need longer needle nose pliers to press and hold the wiring clip where it attaches to the box.

Someone else here said they put duct tape over it and it's quieter. But I want to eliminate it altogether.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can disconnect the cable going to the VESS unit. But its not easy to get to.

It's located just to the right of the Hyundai logo in the middle of the grille. So far I was able to get the 4 screws out that secure the black box, but I need longer needle nose pliers to press and hold the wiring clip where it attaches to the box.

Someone else here said they put duct tape over it and it's quieter. But I want to eliminate it altogether.
Once the screws were removed, I found that by popping off the plastic wire loom retainer, I was able to maneuver the box right up to the grille to easily access the connector. Thanks to those who led the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts