Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any updates on how these tires are performing. Any issues with rub at full lock, or bottoming out?

Curious, since I'm looking to put taller tires on the wifes new 2020 SE AWD. Looking at 245/70/17's perhaps or like you've done, 255/65/17.

The 245/70's stay a lil narrower, but measure 30.5" tall VS the 255/65 that's wider, but only 30.1" tall. I'd hate to see there's that much difference in the height, but I don't want them rubbing at turns or fast bumps/dips on the HYWY. Any info on if you think there's room for the 30.5 tall tire??

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI: Geometry doesn't change just by adding slightly taller tires.
Also, I've driven a mitsubishi Outlander for 6 yrs that have tires 2 sizes wider AND taller. they are aggressive all terrains and the thing was a beast in the snow. Absolutely NO issues with such a small change. Even my Sonata Hybrid has tires 2 sizes wider and 1 taller for the summer, and Snow tires that are also wider and taller. Again, NO issues.
The Santa Fe can take a taller and wider tire, I'm just trying to find out HOW TALL it can take without rubbing or contact at full lock or HYWY bumps/dips. (and the wife wants the ALL terrain tread like she had before for the midwest winters and an occasional trip off road)
So anyone have any experience with a larger tire on the 19-20 HSF???

·
Registered
9 Posts
FYI: Geometry doesn't change just by adding slightly taller tires.
Also, I've driven a mitsubishi Outlander for 6 yrs that have tires 2 sizes wider AND taller. they are aggressive all terrains and the thing was a beast in the snow. Absolutely NO issues with such a small change. Even my Sonata Hybrid has tires 2 sizes wider and 1 taller for the summer, and Snow tires that are also wider and taller. Again, NO issues.
The Santa Fe can take a taller and wider tire, I'm just trying to find out HOW TALL it can take without rubbing or contact at full lock or HYWY bumps/dips. (and the wife wants the ALL terrain tread like she had before for the midwest winters and an occasional trip off road)
So anyone have any experience with a larger tire on the 19-20 HSF???
FYI, I was referring to the OP with 20mm spacers. Good for you otherwise. Carry on! FYI 2.0 Snow tires perform better in a narrower tread,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like I might be going with a 235/70R17 unless I can find some decent Mitsubishi wheels in an 18"..
Definently going with an all terrain tire but I'm thinking the 235 is plenty wide and going up from 29" tall to 30" I think will be just perfect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like I might be going with a 235/70R17 unless I can find some decent Mitsubishi wheels in an 18"..
Definently going with an all terrain tire but I'm thinking the 235 is plenty wide and going up from 29" tall to 30" I think will be just perfect.
Did you do it? If so, how did it work?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts