Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Ultimate for about 6 months now, and 7,600 miles. Has been a great car so far as it should be given its new. Have 2 issues / questions to discuss.

1 - ISG Wish I could permanently disable this "feature". Besides being annoying, it could become a safety issue. One of the times I worry about it the most is pulling into my garage. If you slow down & pause for just a millisecond, it shuts down. Now I am 2-3" away from where I need to be in front of the car, it shuts down, in order to get it to start up again I have to take my foot off the brake, car starts and wants to surge forward a little. However with very little room to spare, if it surges very much I run into the front wall of my garage. Hyundai, if I dent my front bumper or damage something there in front of my car, I will be calling you about it.

This shut down also happens way to quickly at a stop sign. So imagine being the 4th car in line at a Stop sign. The car shuts down 3 separate times even if I only stop for a second behind the car in front of me, or long enough to let the car to my right with right-of-way pass thru the intersection.

Hyundai - PLEASE LISTEN TO US. If you will not allow us to permanent disable this feature, at least give it a 2 - 3 second delayed shutdown activation time. I have asked your service technicians to do this and they say they can't.

2. Several times (10-15) in the past month my car will go electronic crazy. I will be driving down the road with everything normal and out of the blue all of the warning notifications and sensors light up. My dashboard becomes a regular lighted Christmas tree (colored lights at that). It goes thru all of the warnings about collisions and other blind spot vehicles, however none of those might be present at that time. Those dash lights sometimes stay lit for the remaining drive, other times they will simply disappear after a while. When it happens, the car still runs like normal with no change in driving qualities. There is no predicting this, it just happens. I have not yet been to the dealer to look into, simply been too busy over the past few weeks.

Would love to hear others comments & suggestions. Hyundai - if you review these forum posts, your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with you about the ISG feature. I hate, hate, hate this, and there really does need to be an option to disable it. If Hyundai doesn't make it possible to disable it permanently, maybe someone will hack the code on the processor and disable it. I have an issue with it when waiting on traffic so I can turn left. The delay starting up could easily cause an accident. I have complained on every survey that Hyundai has sent me.
Our 2019 Ultimate just turned a year old, and has just over 11K miles on it. So far, we've had no other issues aside from the very annoying ISG. This would be a show stopper for me when buying another vehicle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with you about the ISG feature. I hate, hate, hate this, and there really does need to be an option to disable it. If Hyundai doesn't make it possible to disable it permanently, maybe someone will hack the code on the processor and disable it. I have an issue with it when waiting on traffic so I can turn left. The delay starting up could easily cause an accident. I have complained on every survey that Hyundai has sent me.
Our 2019 Ultimate just turned a year old, and has just over 11K miles on it. So far, we've had no other issues aside from the very annoying ISG. This would be a show stopper for me when buying another vehicle.
It can be disabled. Documented on the other Hyundai Forum. Read through the thread and you have several options. Mine defaults to OFF a few seconds after the vehicle is started. Love it this way! It is not expensive to get this to work like you want it.....
hyundai-forums com/threads/options-to-manage-the-isg-idle-stop-and-go-function.658336/
(note: since the site won't let me post the URL, put a period between forums and com to complete the URL above)
or
on the Hyundai-forums site --> home, forums, Hyundai models, Santa Fe Forums (please post in the correct sub forum), 2019+ Santa Fe Forum (TM) Then search for the thread: Options to manage the ISG (idle stop and go) function

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my Ultimate for about 6 months now, and 7,600 miles. Has been a great car so far as it should be given its new. Have 2 issues / questions to discuss.

1 - ISG Wish I could permanently disable this "feature". Besides being annoying, it could become a safety issue. One of the times I worry about it the most is pulling into my garage. If you slow down & pause for just a millisecond, it shuts down. Now I am 2-3" away from where I need to be in front of the car, it shuts down, in order to get it to start up again I have to take my foot off the brake, car starts and wants to surge forward a little. However with very little room to spare, if it surges very much I run into the front wall of my garage. Hyundai, if I dent my front bumper or damage something there in front of my car, I will be calling you about it.

This shut down also happens way to quickly at a stop sign. So imagine being the 4th car in line at a Stop sign. The car shuts down 3 separate times even if I only stop for a second behind the car in front of me, or long enough to let the car to my right with right-of-way pass thru the intersection.

Hyundai - PLEASE LISTEN TO US. If you will not allow us to permanent disable this feature, at least give it a 2 - 3 second delayed shutdown activation time. I have asked your service technicians to do this and they say they can't.

2. Several times (10-15) in the past month my car will go electronic crazy. I will be driving down the road with everything normal and out of the blue all of the warning notifications and sensors light up. My dashboard becomes a regular lighted Christmas tree (colored lights at that). It goes thru all of the warnings about collisions and other blind spot vehicles, however none of those might be present at that time. Those dash lights sometimes stay lit for the remaining drive, other times they will simply disappear after a while. When it happens, the car still runs like normal with no change in driving qualities. There is no predicting this, it just happens. I have not yet been to the dealer to look into, simply been too busy over the past few weeks.

Would love to hear others comments & suggestions. Hyundai - if you review these forum posts, your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike
I just bought a 2022 Santa Fe and I have the same warning light issue. Took it to the dealer and they couldn't recreate it. Owned the car 2 weeks, has happened 4 times. One time sitting still.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts