Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI- 2019 TPMS are different for 2018's!

I purchased a brand new set of 2018 Santa Fe 18" rims with the tire pressure valve modules- identical wheels on my 2019 Sante Fe Ultimate to add Bridgestone Blizzak snows all around. The factory tires are worthless in any snow/ice/slush, regardless of 2 or HTRAC.

Once mounted, the TPMS light and dash notification lit up. Hmmm. Went to dealership to reset/program new. Keep in mind, I have duplicate sets of winter wheels for my Genesis and Sonata- never an issue.

Turns out Hyundai changed the frequency from 2018 to 2019. I will have to endure the idiot light this winter season as I do not want to dismount and remount the tires at this time.
***Do not purchase these from your dealer! They want $540 to order and install including $60 for the 5 min learn-in procedure!!!!! (not the same as 2018-19 Stinger/G70 either) Available for about $50 each.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was told (have not verified it yet) that if you have the correct TPMS sensor, the car will automatically recognize them - you don't have to have the dealer set them. You might try talking to a tire shop like Discount Tire where they could just install the correct TPMS sensor in your winter wheels. Probably much less expensive than the dealership.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts