Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.4 a couple of months ago. I really love the car, but problems are starting to add up.
Issues thus far:
1. Transmission has poor shifting, slug, and sloppy. I’m now noticing when in sport mode when I come to a stop after a few seconds it will hard shift and shudder. This is occurring after I’m at a complete stop.
2. Battery died two weeks ago. Dealer checked it out and sent me on my way with no explanation. Extra bonus - they somehow scratched my cluster lense.
3. Rough idle when in drive and at a stop. It vibrates at a frequency like having one of your windows down at high speeds that makes your ears hurt.
4. LKA practically will steer me off the road if it sees a void in the lines. I plan to make a video of this soon.
5. Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist doesn’t seem to work that great. I’ve had an occasion where I was close to someone making a sudden stop. The alarm went off, but it did not brake at all.
6. Android auto voice is scratchy and distorted.

·
Registered
97 Posts
keep excellent records, insure all your complaints are recorded by the dealer accurately, file under lemon law for a new vehicle, sounds like you'll never accept this one you have.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I purchased a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.4 a couple of months ago. I really love the car, but problems are starting to add up.
Issues thus far:
1. Transmission has poor shifting, slug, and sloppy. I’m now noticing when in sport mode when I come to a stop after a few seconds it will hard shift and shudder. This is occurring after I’m at a complete stop.
2. Battery died two weeks ago. Dealer checked it out and sent me on my way with no explanation. Extra bonus - they somehow scratched my cluster lense.
3. Rough idle when in drive and at a stop. It vibrates at a frequency like having one of your windows down at high speeds that makes your ears hurt.
4. LKA practically will steer me off the road if it sees a void in the lines. I plan to make a video of this soon.
5. Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist doesn’t seem to work that great. I’ve had an occasion where I was close to someone making a sudden stop. The alarm went off, but it did not brake at all.
6. Android auto voice is scratchy and distorted.
Sorry to hear all those troubles. My 2019 Limited AWD 2.4L now has almost 4k miles and has no major problems, about ready for 1st real oil change after an upcoming 500 mi roadtrip (we had an early breaking oil chg & the T3M ECM ESC service campaign update). There is another good hyundai forum with others discussing items 1-5 you might want to check if no others respond here. I've had good luck with LKA on roads with good lines but the exit ramps throw it off.
I'm not a real 2.4L Theta II fan but hope with focused maintenance & top tier gas I'll get 99k mi out of it, or the warranty will help.

If your dealer can't isolate the biggies try online hyundai customer service or have the dealer get a local hyundai rep to drive it. Most lemon laws require you to have the car in the shop at least 30 days, even then it's a battle of last resort.
I'd have a private session with the dealer's GM before then too especially if you've bought other cars in the past there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too am sorry to hear your troubles.
I have a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate with 6200 miles, mostly urban, and it has been trouble free and I am very happy with it. I certainly have not experienced any of the issues you have encountered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts