Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone's having the acceleration issues with the 2017 Santa Fe Sport (SWB, not the LWB version), let me know.

I believe there's one person in the "acceleration issues" thread, and 2 of us over in the -------------------- having this issue as well now.

Seems to only happen when making a turn or hitting a pot hole/bump in low gears (mine only seems to do it in 2nd gear for some reason).

I can't dupe it at will.

Apparently we can't post links to other forums, great.

It's the -------------------- in the DM 2013+ Santa Fe forum and the thread is titled:
Shift Shock and the weird hesitation issue

Feel free to PM me. Unfortunately myself and some of the others here are getting nothing from Hyundai CA. Although to be fair I've not yet taken mine into the dealership (it's already been in 4 times to have the powershade/sunroof fixed and they haven't managed to fix it yet).

·
Registered
1 Posts
santa fe sport 2017

Having intermittant acceleration issues with 2017 Santa Fe Sport...just bought it.....Service doesn't see a problem.....have complained....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd urge everyone to:

1) First see the dealer. They are required (at least in New York) by state law to report these things within 7 days to corporate (Hyundai corporate in this case).
2) File a NHTSA complaint.

There were mass issues/complaints with the full-size Santa Fe v6 and only because lots of people complained did Hyundai finally fix the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I am having the same issues with my '17 SFS 2.4 SWB. It happened to me again today, however, I was accelerating out of a parking lot crossing 4 lanes of traffic and the car just barely moved.
As with other posters, normally I have noticed this hesitation only while turning, but today it happened while going straight. While there was other cars approaching me, I had plenty of time to cross the road, but with the hesitation of the vehicle, I just made it across within about 40 feet of another car.
This happened with my parents old 1988 Pontiac 6000, and if I recall, it had something to do with a cylinder not firing correctly, but I might be wrong. Either way, I'm a little concerned with this issue as I have had my SFS for about 2 months.
For the record, I have a Canadian model and I have only noticed the issue while driving in Normal mode. I will try if in Sport mode and see if it happens.
I am going to contact the dealer tomorrow as well and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd urge everyone to:

1) First see the dealer. They are required (at least in New York) by state law to report these things within 7 days to corporate (Hyundai corporate in this case).
2) File a NHTSA complaint.

There were mass issues/complaints with the full-size Santa Fe v6 and only because lots of people complained did Hyundai finally fix the issue.
Just filed my NHTSA report.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife and I have experienced this in our 17 SFS 2.0t ultimate/tech.

During both left and right turns after a stop at intersections on snow free roads, the odd time well get an aggressive response from the traction control system for an extended 5 to 10 seconds for what seems like no good reason.

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta.

Haven't been to the dealer about it yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Take it to the dealer.
...Thanks...

The OP asked if any others have the issue. I'll take it to the dealer when a) I figure out how/where to reproduce it semi-reliably, and b) I am in for service anyway. I'm in no rush since the vehicle is brand new and rarely is this an issue, and I want to rule out winter traction issues so they can't just blame it on some ice or something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called my dealer and, of course, got the usual, "I've never heard of this happening before" to which I replied there were plenty of cases of this happening according to a couple of Santa Fe forum sites. I told my sales guy to do a google search.
He told me to turn off the traction control and try it for a while to see if it happened again. I did turn off the TC and so far, it hasn't, but then I question what's the purpose now of having TC if I can't use it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's not winter traction. It usually happens in a turn when you hit a bump or go from different levels of road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got called about a safety recall hoping it would fix this issue but it was to replace the stupid gas cap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
New SF 2.0t Ultimate & I have had the exact same issue. turning after a stop, hit pot hole, traction control comes on and power saps. The traction light flashes on dash. It's happened three times at the same intersection and I came here to research...anybody that has reported this get a positive outcome?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New SF 2.0t Ultimate & I have had the exact same issue. turning after a stop, hit pot hole, traction control comes on and power saps. The traction light flashes on dash. It's happened three times at the same intersection and I came here to research...anybody that has reported this get a positive outcome?
Unfortunately they filled in the pothole (well, wouldn't you know it, I say "unfortunately") that I usually hit that I can dupe this on, so this may prove more difficult now.

I will be bringing the vehicle in sometime next month for oil change and the dash is making a noise (something's loose by the center speaker it seems like) so I'll bring up the corner/pothole issue and see if they can dupe it.

Not holding my breath. Unfortunately the one person who had their dealer dupe it, has since gotten rid of their Santa Fe Sport and got a Chevy Colorado instead.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The is an intersection by my house where I experience this 100% of the time.

I will be able to demo it for a tech for sure once I take it in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new on this forum. I have experienced the sapped acceleration issue as described. 2017 SFS 2.0T ultimate trim. Attempting to accelerate with turning from a stop, the TC light flashes a few times and the car stalls almost dangerously as I needed to traverse a car lane going in an opposite direction. Happened about 4 times now, same pattern each time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well good news sorta.

Someone in Canada (again, the "other" forums) has a spot that they can dupe it 100% of the time. Took it to their dealer who duped it 100% of the time and the dealer even took a brand new car off the lot (2017 SFS) and duped it as well.

So supposedly they've opened an issue with Hyundai Canada, so not sure how well that bodes for us in the U.S.

Unfortunately I think with all the 2.0/2.4 engine problems/recalls this issue will get a low priority. It seems to be related to having the rear wheels "drop" a certain amount while the front wheels are turning.

Seems to also happen more on the 2.0 T and the AWD models.

Again, check the other forum for more info, it seems to get more traffic/details/updates.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mjonis

Thanks 100 for this update this makes me feel a little bit better having the 2017 SFS. Just curious can you post which forum did you see this on so I can go to the forum and check the details out over there.

Thanks a Million Again

1 - 20 of 32 Posts