Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and just have a couple of questions.
We just purchased a 2017 Santa Fe SE AWD (Canadian model), and we really like it. Loads of features compared to many other manufacturers. But I noticed a few things with the audio system that I'm curious about.
First, when playing music from my cell phone over Bluetooth, or also music from a USB flash drive plugged into the USB port, sometimes there is lag or slowdown in the music. Almost like listening to an old cassette tape in a walkman when the batteries are dying. The tones change and the rhythm slows down. I'm a musician, so my ears are sensitive to such differences. It doesn't happen every time I listen to music, probably 4-5 times since we took delivery this past Friday.
Second question. Regarding the USB flash drives (16gb), I uploaded music to 2 different drives. One for me and one for my wife. I uploaded around 400 songs to my drive and almost 200 to my wife's, however, when I plug them into the USB port in the car, my drive shows about 160 files and my wife's about 75. It shows this on the center screen when I press the "list" button. Why isn't it showing all the files on each drive?
All the music on the drives are in MP3 format, so I'm curious as to why I'm not seeing all the songs listed.
Anybody have any idea with these two issues I'm having?
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are all the MP3's encoded the same? fixed bit rate or variable?
Hmmm, good question, I'll have to check that out when I'm on days off. Would that cause the audio lag though? When I do experience the lag, it only happens for about 10-20 seconds, not the entire song.
Also, it has never happened with bluetooth on my other vehicles or devices.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure about the lag issue but encoding may account for the weird number of songs recognized vs. what you have in the thumb drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, thing's seem to be fixed. On the USB drive, I selected the first song then proceeded to skip every track until I reached the last song. Sure enough, all 386 songs were there. Don't know why when I pressed the "list" button, it only showed 160 songs, but either way, they are all there.
As for the lag in the audio, it hasn't been there for the last few days. I suspect there was some interference with the Bluetooth that caused it, even when I was playing music from the USB flash drive.
I turned off the bluetooth auto play feature on my music app, and the lag hasn't returned, so hopefully the problem is solved.
Cheers!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts