Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for info regarding how to safely clean the carbon deposit on these V6 GDI engine. I bought this vehicle used with 30K miles and now it has 33K miles and want to do preventative maintenance. I have seen that CRC Intake Valve cleaner is sold around stores and BG products; I am just wondering if that is the route to go where do I introduce the spray how do I maintain rpm etc. ; sorry for the loaded question just looking for info on this since there is little info on V6 GDI in the santafe having carbon build up issue, thank you for the help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been using BG products for over 20 years and I highly recommend them. They make a "kit" to apply their products or you can let the BG dealer do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the info, I know the product exsist but basically for BG or any product would require taking of the intake manifold and directly apply the Bg product to each valve and rotate crank to so that the valve is sealed (which is risky IMO). Thats why I thought of CRC cleaner, however don't know if that will work or not.... I don't know what hyundai dealership does but I imagine they would have to take out the intake manifold to clean each valve...

·
Registered
34 Posts
basically for BG or any product would require taking of the intake manifold and directly apply the Bg product to each valve and rotate crank to so that the valve is sealed (which is risky IMO). Thats why I thought of CRC cleaner, however don't know if that will work or not.... I don't know what hyundai dealership does but I imagine they would have to take out the intake manifold to clean each valve...
That isn't how it is done. They have a few products that work in conjunction with each other, one goes in the tank, another in the fuel rail, etc. See this link for the products and an explanation how and where they work. https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/gasoline-fuel-system/ You can also have one of their service dealers do the service for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been looking at Archoil Gas Additive for my 2018 3.3. I just bought it and have 5000 miles. I used a bottle of Techtron fuel system cleaner a couple tanks ago. Hyundai recommends their Techtron cleaner at about 5 times the price. Also, make sure you use top tier gas as it makes a difference on how clean your engine stays.

I'm going to go with the Archoil. It's only about .08 per gal( cheaper than hi test) and gets great reviews. Like you, I think a oz of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts