Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2017 Santa Fe limited ultimate and I'm very happy with the purchase so far with the exception of the fact that I have to tell the head unit to play the audio from my phone by Bluetooth everytime I get back in the car.

It seems to me that it should "remember" that I was last listening to audio via Bluetooth and once my device reconnects, start the Bluetooth audio again. Our 2015 WRX and the aftermarket head unit I had in my previous car does that without issue so I'm disappointed that I'm having to manually do this (First World problem).

Anyone else finding this is an issue? Where is the best place to get updates for the head unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same issue. Since my music is all downloaded and not an app like Pandora or Spotify, I went to Walgreen's bought a 5 dollar thumb drive and thirty minutes meter had all my music on it and I keep it plugged in and it remembers that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
may be something you have to talk to the dealership about. i noticed on mine once it auto connects via bluetooth it mutes the audio on my phone and i just have to tap mode on the radio and it auto plays everything from my phone. i have a Iphone, not sure if it works the same with Android.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just purchased a 2017 Santa Fe limited ultimate and I'm very happy with the purchase so far with the exception of the fact that I have to tell the head unit to play the audio from my phone by Bluetooth everytime I get back in the car.

It seems to me that it should "remember" that I was last listening to audio via Bluetooth and once my device reconnects, start the Bluetooth audio again. Our 2015 WRX and the aftermarket head unit I had in my previous car does that without issue so I'm disappointed that I'm having to manually do this (First World problem).

Anyone else finding this is an issue? Where is the best place to get updates for the head unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you just purchased it, the dealer should've updated to the latest update for you. But if not, you can go to the:
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/myhyundai

Website, and register and there should be an update that shows up. You can tell if you have the latest update already by seeing if there's a Carplay icon on the head unit under All Apps (I think that's the icon on the "home" page on the Head Unit). Even if it's grayed out. If you do NOT have that showing there, then you don't have the latest update.

Once you login, there's a menu item and you want to choose:
Downloads -> Vehicle Software Update
Follow the instructions from there

For the SFS, the "update" is:
(ST.LF.USA.E478.150901: Sep 1 2015 12:00AM)

I cannot speak to the issue because I have Carplay. I'm fairly certain it's a function of the phone as to whether it remembers what you were doing last and where. My old head unit didn't have AA, only Pioneer's AppRadio which was wired/bluetooth and due to battery issues/connectivity issues, I would purposely shut off bluetooth when out of hte car and end Google Play or whatever the music player was, otherwise, it would continue to play the music from my phone's speaker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts