Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At start up and until my engine is completely warmed up, after at least 10 minutes of driving, my engine sounds "unhealthy" as it idles... A clicking sound that is really annoying.

The dealer service guy says these GDI(TDI?) engines can be noisy. He was 'nice" about it but he won't go digging into the engine to fix it. I'm going to write corporate Hyundai to complain.

Anyone else hears something odd in their 2.0T's? Is this typical of a turbo engine? The service guy was saying the very high pressure in the injectors,(I think) could be the reason..
I just know it doesn't sound like a properly running engine to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should have asked the dealer service technition to grab a key and gonout and start up any of the new cars on the lot to show you just how normal this noise is.......

·
Registered
31 Posts
You should have asked the dealer service technition to grab a key and gonout and start up any of the new cars on the lot to show you just how normal this noise is.......
This is a good place to start. You could also try another dealer.

I will say that my F150 Ecoboost does something similar. Has done it from day one. Both of the trucks I test drove did it also. I am much more adept with naturally aspirated engines, though it is not out of the realm of possibility that this is normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts