Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All... New to the forum as I need some help. I have a 2013 SFS 2.0T AWD and have been experiencing lots of little issues recently. I am hoping that some others have had similar issues and are able to help. I guess I will start with one at a time...

This past winter, my boost pressure from the turbo was 'non-existent' if the car was cold. Eventually, after the car warmed up and was restarted, the boost from the turbo would return. The existence of the boost could only be felt during acceleration. The problem has carried over into both spring and summer and seems to be less prevalent during the warmer months, but still remains. Fast forward to the past month, it doesn't matter if the car is warm or not, the boost from the turbo is non-existent (first thing in the morning) until you restart the car at least once. (I restart the car about 5 min after the first start.) The car then seems to run fine the rest of the day.

I have changed the MAP Sensor on the intake manifold hoping it would solve the issue; Problem still lingers. Oil is changed regularly every 3500 - 4000 miles with Full Syn. There are no loud noises coming from the engine (other than the usual age and wear).

Any insight or suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey new to the forums as well. But I saw your post and thought I'd shed some insight. I believe what your dealing with is the wastegate actuator. If it gets out of spec it will need to be adjusted. Seems to be a fairly common problem. There is ways to fix it yourself. But most seem to take it to the dealer to have it adjusted. Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts