Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new here.
3 days ago my sf was towed to dealer.They called back and said that it needs new engine.im not paying for it ,have powertrain and ext. waranty.
2.0 T awd81000 miles.allways serviced at same dealer,no problems at all till this happened:
Wife on the way back home heard ratlle from front of the car when pressing gas pedal.she was 2 miles from home.I went outside to check it,looked under the car,seen nothing.I started the car and pressed gas-flapping rattle more plasticky than metallic,almost like broken exhoust flaping.Presed gas one more time and car dies,black smoke from under the hood.i got out .
Anybody heard about something similar?
Didnt have a chance to talk to service manager ,but i will need more info about what caused it.I can see potentiall recall issue for Hyundai as this is a safe issue too. em i wright?
your toughts?
Bart

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hear about people having their engines give out on them. Ask for specific details as to what is wrong. Some say that the cylinder #2 is giving up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Engine Failure

I had the same issue with my Sonata. 80,000 miles and seized engine with no warning at all. I was covered by warranty as I am the original owner but there is a lawsuit filed in CA. People who bought Certified Pre Owned do not get the 100,000 mile warranty. Sad really. I have since bought a 2016 Sante Fe Sport mostly due to bigger car but also warranty. Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue with my Sonata. 80,000 miles and seized engine with no warning at all. I was covered by warranty as I am the original owner but there is a lawsuit filed in CA. People who bought Certified Pre Owned do not get the 100,000 mile warranty. Sad really. I have since bought a 2016 Sante Fe Sport mostly due to bigger car but also warranty. Good luck
If you buy CPO dont you get the 10/100k with it? I dont understand your comment

·
Registered
2 Posts
l heard it first time that santa FE with 80000 or 100000 miles engine failure had happened. It is not common. Sorry for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts