Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My 2013 Santa Fe Limited 2T backup camera is not working. Wondering if anyone out there has replaced their backup camera with any third party camera?

Dealership quoted me some crazy price with tax and installation it is coming close to $1000 CAD.

This is only for the backup camera, not even the infotainment unit. With $1000 I can get a decent android head unit. I might as well change the whole unit.

Any thoughts or advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Backup Camera

I had the same problem with my 2013 santa fe. I decided to take it apart and try and fix it myself. There are you tube videos available that will show you how to take the plastic panels from the rear door to access the camera. There were 4 screws holding the camera together. I removed them and noticed that there was corrosion inside. I cleaned the corrosion off of the tiny circuit boards and the metal posts inside at the 4 corners, re-assembled and it worked fine. Kind of a pain, but you have nothing to lose. If that doesn't work, the camera shouldn't cost anywhere near $1000. You can find them by searching online.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the next month or so i will be looking to replace the stock camera with a pioneer unit. Also add a front camera. Ill ket you know how it goes. The stock camera looka to be just a square shaped camera with a lens protruding. Im hoping its just a simple swap.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts