Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Looking for a little advice with a noise in my 2011 Santa Fe. I have a creak in the steering that is occasional but frequent enough to be a pain! It happens when turning the wheel right and sounds very much like rubber on rubber or rubber on metal. I have been over the steering closely and can see no obvious problems. Tie rods ends are good, nothing is leaking, fluid levels are good. I'm very suspicious of the grommet going through the firewall for the steering. On the inside of the car there is a dust cover at the bottom of the steering shaft where it goes through the firewall. It is attached with 4 nuts, i'd like to remove the nuts and hopefully slide that dust cover up the column enough to access what I presume is the grommet at the firewall because access on the engine side is darn near impossible. Anybody had this part before? Are the bolts holding the dust cover in place attached to the firewall so that when I remove the nuts they will stay in place? Thanks for any input!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts