Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
This is my first time here and I’m very much hoping someone has experience with this. My 2011 Santa Fe with about 136k miles will sometimes, when I’m driving, suddenly act like it is not getting any gas and just die in the middle of the road. This usually happens within a mile or two of first starting it up, but not always. If I take my foot off the gas and just coast (or, if I’m going uphill when it happens, not coast and sit in the road and have people honk at me) for a few seconds and then put my foot back on the gas, the problem fixes itself and I can drive again. I took it to a mechanic and they couldn’t duplicate the problem and said they didn’t want to just start replacing stuff willy-nilly without knowing what the problem was. I called another shop and they said that if it doesn’t happen that frequently and no engine lights come on, they won’t be able to diagnose/fix it either. They suggested I call the dealership to check for a service bulletin. So, what I’m looking for here is a community- type service bulletin on this problem of random stopping for no apparent reason (with no engine lights coming on). This happens sometimes every day and sometimes only twice a week. So far, never on the highway - I don’t drive on the highway much, especially now, as I’m afraid to. Thanks so much for any help or info anyone can give.
Misty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
enter "recall" in the search tool above
Thanks for the tip! I looked there and didn’t see anything specifically related to this issue. I have also called the dealership and left a message (two days ago now) but they haven’t called back, which is what they do even when they have your car- which is one of the main reasons I really don’t want to take it to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts