Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first time on the forums,

The other day, the starter started to die, I had to crawl under the car and clank the starter many times for it to work again. I tried replacing the starter just now but found that the bolts were installed on the other side?!?!?!? Has anyone been able to replace the starter on the car?

230k km
3.5L V6

Thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
2 Posts
Starter Replacement

It can be very hard to get to but with the right angles you can do it.

you have to take the plastic shield off underneath and then the sheild on the starter. I was able to see the bolts that were holding it on from underneath however I had to get to them from above. I removed the battery and tray and was able to get to the 2 bolts that were holding it on. It took 2 people to get if off and back on. I don't remember the sizes and I think one was a bolt and one was a nut. Be very careful with the connector on the starter though if yours has it. Mine broke and I had to order a replacement from a florida dealership on ebay or pay $400 for an entire harness.

BTW there is a video out there that shows how to do some of the process but I couldn't find one right off hand to do the entire process as I remember because the ones I found had easy access to the bolts but I definitely did not.

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts