Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody any ideas how to get the alternator out. Some youtube say to remove fans but there is not enough room to get the fans out. Hoses and wiring harnesses are in way.

·
Registered
TWO 2007 Santa Fe Ltd (Both Black, both purchased at the same time)
9 Posts
Having just changed the alternator in an 07 3.3L Santa Fe I believe most of the steps are the same. You should have two fans. Standing in front of the car the one on the right needs to come out first. Two bolts at the top, disconnect the wiring connecter then lift the fan and tip it back at the top. You should them be able to lift it out "relatively" easily. If you need to remove the ohter fan the steps are similar but you cannot lift it up. After the bottom tabs are pulled from their slots slide the fan to the right to where the other one was then you should be able to lift it out as well. Most likely a little maneuvering will be necessary. Reinstallation is just the opposite.
Another tip - I had extreme difficulty getting a socket to the tensioner bolt to relieve the tension on the serpentine belt. What I did was drill a 1 1/4" hole through the inside fender well in line with the tensioner bolt. I then insert the socket on an extension from the wheel well side. Worked like a charm for removal and reinstallation.
Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.