Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Santa Fe has a bad lower ball joint on the passenger side of the front of the car. I have looked up how to replace this ball joint and it seems like a lot of work to remove just this one joint. Rather then only replacing this joint I am thinking about replacing the entire control arm because eventually the other two joints will need to be replaced so why not just replace the entire control arm and have 3 new joints. Anyone have any thoughts or experience dealing with this issue? In replacing the entire control arm it seems all I need to do is remove the tire and the 3 bolts holding the control arm in place. Does this seem right or am I missing something?? Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have some clunking going on both sides. I am thinking either the lower control arm or both bushings are bad on the struts. I have an 07 as well. What did you ultimately do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up replacing the entire control arm. It was relatively cheap...I think around $50 for the entire control arm and bushings. It did take a second set of hands to help me remove the old one and replace the new one but once you remove the tire it is 3 bolts to remove the control arm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts