Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My vehicle has 165k mi. I am needing help identifying oil leaking on passenger side and front of engine, down to the oil pan and oil filter. Its not the oil pressure switch next to the oil filter. I need a plan of attack doubting its the valve cover gaskets. Possible another oil sensor under intake manifold like 2011 Santa Fe 3.3l issue (if there is one there I don't know)? Should I pull the heads? I already removed the intake manifold once to replace the three rear spark plugs. I've done a lot on this vehicle and don't want to replace the engine if I don't have to..I changed the timing belt at 110K mi, just replaced all 4 O2 sensors. Replace a CV axle, both lower control arms, new compressor, alternator, powering steering pump, high pressure power steering pump.. I also have a little power steering oil near pump.. The car seems to have a little oil blow by from exhaust.. I had the coolant leak issue on top of trans axle..K-Seal solved that problem..The shop manual 3rd book on electrical has a confusing picture of the oil pressure switch just right of the timing belt cover. That's is actually a oil pressure connector, not the actual oil pressure switch (which is mounted on the base of the oil filter). I did the wires, plugs, tires, new rotors, calibers, pads, trans-axle input speed sensor, trans-axle output speed sensor and ignition fail sensor, solved my trans slipping issue 50K mi ago.. and am at a stand still what to do next to track down this oil leak. Any advise? Len

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.