Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this for 1K. 3.5 AWD. 174K miles. Zero rust Florida car. The story is a year ago she topped it off with the wrong fluid and has been doing it ever since. It bangs into 2nd every time. I drove it from Vero to W.P.B. 80 miles home down interstate 95. 70-85mph runs flawlessly the whole trip. So if anyone has experienced this, I'm interested. It has a small trans leak I will address, but I'm looking for some advice. 175K mileage so I'm concerned about replacing with new fluid. Also a/c not blowing cold. Any common problems? I used to own two auto business in upstate NY, so I'm not a newbie. Thought I'd rack your brains. I'll post my results.Thanks..

·
Registered
1 Posts
That problem still exists in some manner.
My 2017 Santa Fe is doing the same thing.
Dealer has reset adaptive values that computer sends to the transmission. All between 1 to 2 shift. They won't admit a problem and I had to pay for it. This was just last week. Now it's doing it again. 68,000k

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a former AZ commercial manager, took it to a great trans shop. D&D in W.P.B.,FL. Mine is old and not allowing enough pressure in the valve body. Found several trans for $400 or $500 delivered. I would recomend taking somewhere other than the stealership. Thank you for the reply and good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts