Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2004 3.5L 6-cylinder that has a power steering fluid leak. I removed the reservoir and cleaned the screen with some MAF cleaner, and then flushed and refilled the system.

When I reinstalled the reservoir I made sure that I cleaned the area completely of any fluid. After a test drive there was fluid once again in that area. My suspicion is that the cap is not sealing properly and when the system pressurizes, fluid blows out from under it.

Is this a thing or should I look elsewhere?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2004 3.5L 6-cylinder that has a power steering fluid leak. I removed the reservoir and cleaned the screen with some MAF cleaner, and then flushed and refilled the system.

When I reinstalled the reservoir I made sure that I cleaned the area completely of any fluid. After a test drive there was fluid once again in that area. My suspicion is that the cap is not sealing properly and when the system pressurizes, fluid blows out from under it.

Is this a thing or should I look elsewhere?

If you don't have a leak you probably have an air bubble in the system and it's bubbling over. Check your reservoir after your car has been running for a bit and you have driven it around. If you look inside it you would be able to see it bubbling. If so, you have air in the system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts