Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I’m sure hoping someone can help me with this issue….

History - I purchased my 1st 2004 Santa Fe brand new and sadly in 2018 I had to retire it however I loved my vehicle I sought out another 2004 Santa Fe summer of 2018.

Just recently my fuel pump quit; replaced that and then 24hrs later my timing belt went. I just learned that the Hyundai engines are intereference engines and when the timing belt goes it destroys the engine :( :(. Is this true? We just ordered the entire kit for $500 CND (timing belt, water pump, etc).

When my Santa Fe quit - it jerked a bit then just stalled. No loud noises, no noticeable fluid leak, smoke. Just stalled. It cranks however won’t start.

My original Santa Fe same thing happened however during warranty and I don’t recall any engine issue….and the timing belt was replaced and never had an issue.

Any suggestions, etc to this matter very much appreciated.

In gratitude
Vida

Sandon, BC CANADA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you tried changing the crank shaft sensor? I have 2014 with jerks and stalled when idle, no other signs or codes, I change the crankshaft sensor and it worked perfectly again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joe - thank you so much for this. Yes it is the crankshaft sensor and timing belt - however the timing belt didn’t snap off and the timing was still in good shape - no issues with the motor. Now awaiting the parts :)
Thanks so much for replying - greatly appreciate it.

Cheers
Vida

1 - 3 of 3 Posts