Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I own a 2001 with the 2.4 liter engine and the 5-speed transmission. Recently I have noticed that shifting up from 2nd to 3rd gear or down from 4th to 3rd gear there is a slight "grind" sound. It only happens in 3rd. All other gears shift fine. Looking around on the internet, I am having trouble finding a source for a rebuild kit. Does anyone know where I can find a parts store other than the dealer parts and service? Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to 4 different yards in my area and all had V6 Automatic transmissions. So, now I'm trying to find out what other Hyundai's the 2.4L manual transmission came in. I may have a better chance at finding one from that car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called a Hyundai parts dealer and they said the SKU for the transmission is: 43000-3A131. Trying to cross reference this number to other cars that may have the same transmission and I'm getting nothing. Was wondering if someone here had a list or has dealt with this in the past. I'm pretty sure its a broken fork, but There seem to be no repair kits or parts that just have what I'm looking for.
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts