Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 2 months ago I got the wife a carry over 2020 Calypso Red Se Santa Fe. Deals for it had fallen through 3 times I was told and it was the last 2020 they had. they discounted the crap out of it. The deal was sooooooo good we could'nt pass it up. So to hold it I gave money down over the phone to hold it. And good too cuz my sales person was saying to another that YES, he had money down on it already, to another sales person.
The Red is a WOW kinda color and tho I liked it, the wife did NOT want Red. I told her with the deal we got that I'd wrap it in Satin Candy Green for her. After a week of looking at colors, she gives up and says "I'll just deal with it." She was NOT happy with the features or lack of some that she was used to. so,,,,,,,,, I contacted another dealer on a color she wanted in an SEL trim she wanted. They had a smoking discount deal, so on a whim, I called the dealership we got it from. They said they'd beat the deal by $500.
This is where it goes Crazy. They offered us 3 grand more than what we paid for it a month and a half ago. I gave some money down again to reserve the one that was coming in and they said don't worry about the mileage we put on it in the time till the new 21 showed up. They ended up getting an SEL model that had more options sooner than expected, so she ended up getting a better trim level, a SMOKIN' TRADE, and we're only paying 2500 more than what we started with. how they ended up discounting that much trading vehicles to get her the color she wanted and not up the price on the trim level and trade valuing more than what we paid for the 2020,,,,,, CRAZY!!!!!!
I think now she's happy, and I'll be getting some Green accents and stripes for her. Thank you Hyundai.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's crazy good. congrads on keeping peace at home. I know I'm getting offers to buy my '18 (albeit mail offers) for more than I paid new originally for the car. Very tempting

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's crazy good. congrads on keeping peace at home. I know I'm getting offers to buy my '18 (albeit mail offers) for more than I paid new originally for the car. Very tempting
With quarantine on the way out people are looking for transportation. Plus, the rental companies didn't buy cars last year, so they are not coming on the used market this year. So there's a shortage. I'm very happy that I got my 2019 Santa Fe last December and that my daughter bought a 2019 Honda CRV at the same time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts