Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

Is there anyone on this Forum?

26K views 46 replies 31 participants last post by  ghalcomb 
#1 ·
I`m assuming that this is a relatively new forum, but it`s not THAT new....

Come on folks...You`ve all heard the phrase..."use it, or loose it".....

Please answer some of the threads that already exist, or better yet, START one of your own...

New thread topics might be:...

* Questions or concerns you may have about your new SFS....

* Mods you may have done, or are thinking about doing....

* Comparing notes about your SFS with other SFS owners...

* Etc....Etc....

Start a new thread, and let`s get something cookin` on this Forum, or else it could die...

#2 ·
Well, here it is, 23 hours after I started this thread, and I see that numerous folks have read my post since...

But no one has jumped in to 'test' the water....:feedback:

There has to be something you want to:...:director:....'ask'...'discuss'....'share with others'...about your 2013 SFS...

Anyone?

#3 ·
I'm new here, just joined yesterday. My take on the low activity is that the car is new and without problem for most people, and most people go searching for forums mostly to find fixes when they have problems.

For a car like this, it's probably not many enthusiasts like ourselves that want to see what others are doing with their SFS. Like the Honda Odyssey forum I'm on, 95% of their posts are problem reports (those vans have issues).

The Mitsubishi Eclipse, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo and Mitsubishi Galant forums I'm a part of are packed with enthusiasts, however, as they are sportier cars (the Galant isn't, but since they can interchange engines and transmissions with the other two, we get some sick builds on Galants, but they have more problem reporters than enthusiasts now in their old age).

So if I come across other SFS owners who love their car as I do, I'll tell them about this place and over time maybe we'll see more activity.

#9 ·
Hey GLOW!....:welcome:.......Great to have you on the Forum...and looking forward to your posts..

Silver 2.0T...Sweet!..Mine`s a Frost White 2.0T...Had it about 11 months now & going on 10,000 miles..Love it..

I`ve had numerous 4 by 4`s and SUV`s, but so far, this one (first Hyundai) is my favorite..Really impressed with the build quality, styling and 'ride comfort'...MPG not bad either...

Enjoy your 2.0T Silver SFS!

#18 ·
Almost 13,000 views of this thread with only 16 replies! People often come to these forums looking for solutions to problems they are having with their vehicles. I'm starting to think that maybe the Santa Fe just works as it's supposed to, not a lot of issues to be discussed, and people are just happy with their vehicles?

#20 ·
YES This forum is deadsville

I came over to this forum to try and research the Santa Fe 3rd gen as I am seriously considering buying one and yes this forum really does show how little market share Hyundai has - It is very noticeable coming from the Toyota Rav4 forum where there is an abundance of info on almost every issue the car has - And they (toyotas) have issues..lol

#21 ·
I came over to this forum to try and research the Santa Fe 3rd gen as I am seriously considering buying one and yes this forum really does show how little market share Hyundai has - It is very noticeable coming from the Toyota Rav4 forum where there is an abundance of info on almost every issue the car has - And they (toyotas) have issues..lol
Welcome zoophaugus! I recently researched every CUV and for me it came down to eliminating vehicles that had characteristics I 'didn't' want to have to live with, or didn't have features that I really wanted, and in the end the SFS was the last vehicle standing. Let us know what your criteria is for evaluating / researching and I'll be happy to give you my opinions . . for what that's worth lol.

#22 ·
Hey all, yes the enthusiasts portion is probably a little in the thin side.
I mean, I did upgrade and get the rear cargo cover, since we forgot that one.. oh hi Chiny stuff.

I'm still figuring out the girl and waiting for the wife to.name her..

It's a nice ride, might have gotten a little.cushier with the Buick version , but GM had their hands out pretty hi last time I went in.

Even the hyundai dealer didn't give me a really serious look as maybe I should've shown up in Sandles with socks and a Hawaiian shirt..

I say my money is good enough so bite me.

OK rant over.

Have a good.one.

#23 ·
Definitely agree that there are probably not a lot of enthusiasts looking to mod their SF. For the few of us that do, let's face it, not a lot of aftermarket options out there. :eek

That said, I too am surprised that there is very little "chatter" on this forum. I am on 4 F150 forums that are difficult to keep up with completely. I have been on two Traverse forums, several Camry forums, and an S10 forum years ago. All of those were much more active. Hopefully as membership grows, conversation will grow as well.

The only things I have done to the SF so far is an LED conversion, floor liners, and liners to protect the back of the rear seats when they are folded down. I velcroed them onto each seat so that the fabric is always covered.

#24 ·
LED conversion for what? Pics of the rear seat back covers would be great ;-)

#26 ·
Yeh, whats the deal?
Not much chatter...
sarcasm alert:
Maybe if we shared the little personal upgrades and such, we might get a little more here
..but really, I was thinking the rear seats needed a cover, suggestions and ideas would be nice. I dont want the back to look like the rear bed of my truck..

Leds..share ideas on that..

Only suggestion I have is dont leave the sunroof open. Forgot but it was only cold...

Yes , moron move there. But I can make fun of things...

#28 ·
As promised, Pics of the back seat protectors. I used a $16 mat from WM and velcro that was $12. I cut the mat to fit, kind of, and used a heat gun to activate the adhesive and flatten the mats out.

I also posted pics of the interior with LED lights installed.

Attachments

#29 ·
Hhmmm, says Attached Thumbnails but I can't see them? Correction, they just showed up lol !

#30 ·
Liking the leds.
how do I sneak them in whilst the woman not notices...
plan b, have her (ulp) spend money

#31 ·
That, sir, I can not help you with. I solve that by just doing it. Sometimes it is easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission. Mine says she doesn't care until she sees the difference. Then she likes it.

#32 ·
I joined today while doing some research on a Santa Fe Sport, and this was the first forum that came up on my Google search.

I have a 2015 CX-5 I purchased in June 2014 and right now I am looking to upgrade it in the next 12-18 months. Great ride, but, the voice controls are horrible and I drive a lot being in Sales so I need to have voice controls work.

#33 ·
The Mitsubishi Hide from view, Mitsubishi Lancer Eva and Mitsubishi Galant forums I'm a part of are packed with enthusiasts, however, as they are sportier cars (the Galant isn't, but since they can interchange engines and programmes with the other two, we get some sick builds on Galants, but they have more badly-behaved reporters than fanatics now in their old age).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.