Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

Hole in Floor under Front Seats

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  iglevy 
#1 ·
so wife dropped keys into larger of 2 holes under driver's seat.....holes are wide open and only wiring bundles are visible....took a week but finally got out the keys with coat hangar+duct tape combo.

How to cover the damn holes so this doesn't happen again ?????????????

#4 ·
Sorry, mine doesn't have holes under the seats. Seems like duct tape or a rubber mat cut to fit might be a good idea to cover them if you've got keys falling down. Maybe get one of those magnets on a stick things they sell for picking up nails and screws.

#6 ·
As of yesterday my wife did the same exact thing. I will be trying the coat hanger/duct tape trick. My hyundai is an ultimate. This is why some people said there are no holes under the driver side. If the seat is manual (not electric) there are no holes to run the wire harness. I'll post my results soon. It's snowing so I'm going to hope no one steals the car tonight. I might attempt this harrowing maneuver tomorrow.

#7 ·
Floor seats are magnificent for kids thinking about how kids have a great deal of toys to play with, and that leads them to play on the ground. Since they will in general sit on the ground a ton for extensive stretches of time it can prompt agony in the body and awkwardness, now and again likewise significantly affecting their back, which thus influences their stance; having floor seats will guarantee that solace and happiness are not settled.

#10 ·
It happened to me during the weekend, we own a 2018 Limited. I believe these are for floor AC, I moved the seat all the way forward and tried to reach from the back seat… I was able to grab the fob that way. You may need to accelerate and sudden stop so keys move to the front. Hope this helps :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.