Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

Can I permanently disable the Fuel Latch so it is always unlocked in my 2014 SF?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Blfaith 
#1 ·
My wife yanks on the fuel latch like she's starting a lawn mower and has broken the fuel latch on our 2014 Sante Fe (model # 63402A45, if that matters)

In order to prevent this in the future, I was wondering if there was an easy way to disable the locking mechanism forever and not fix it this time?

This would also prevent the issue when it freezes and my wife thinks she should just pull harder?

#2 ·
Our 2014 fuel latch has always been temperamental. I am in the habit of pulling the release 3-4 times before getting out of the car to fuel up. It always releases but rarely actually pops open, I have to grab the edge of the fuel door and it opens easily. If all else fails, maybe try this. I haven't taken the time to look closely at the release mechanism, maybe there's just a spring that needs to been replaced or stretched to pop the door open with more force.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.