Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

Towing with a 2.0T AWD

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  santafedave 
#1 ·
Hello Group

New member from Chicago looking to purchase a new 2.0T AWD Ultimate in the Spring, and looking for the availability of a Towing Kit for that model. Specs say 3500 lbs, but no towing kit option I can find on the Hyundai web site or towing information in the owners manual online.

Thanks to all

#3 ·
I plan to put the hitch and wiring harness on my 19 AWD Limited this Spring for about $200. I only have the 2.4L, rated for 2000 lbs and doubt I'd ever tow anything close to that weight but at times pull wood chippers and splitters way less than 1000 lbs or put in a bike rack on the hitch. Other forum threads online have recommended this on etrailer.com and the video doesn't look too bad for the 3500 lb rated hitch install:

Curt Class 3 Trailer Hitch SKU#13195 get $155 from etrailer, no holes to drill.

WIRING confirmed to work: T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness for Factory Tow Package - 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector Item # 118784 Tekonsha logo Price: $50.32

#5 ·
I just installed a tow package on my 2019 - purchased the hitch form uhaul and had them install it.

I took care of the wiring myself - purchased the harness from Carid (Just make sure you get the one for the 2019) older year models will not fit. Also when you are installing it (instructions say connector is behind rear bumper) wrong - it is on the rear drivers side, hidden in what I will call a large plastic cover/box located at the very rear drivers side -

Other wise no problem good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.